Children's Hospital Colorado Administrative Fellowship
In addition to our dedication to providing the best care for kids, Children's Hospital Colorado is committed to providing educational opportunities to students in health administration. Our Administrative Fellowship program is designed to:
- Assist graduate students in applying what they have learned in the classroom to a healthcare organization
- Provide students with an introduction to the daily activities of an organization from the perspective of top management
- Enhance the student's understanding of the healthcare industry, as well as, the organization's strategy and distinctive competencies
- Allow the students to analyze the decision-making process at different levels of the organization
Children's Hospital Colorado is currently accepting applications for the Administrative Fellowship beginning summer of 2013. The Administrative Fellowship is a year-long program in which the student gains valuable exposure to system and departmental operations through projects, organizational rotations, participation in meetings and other professional experiences. The projects and rotations will be customized toward the fellow's interests and the needs of the senior-level management team.
The Fellowship program follows the standards set by the American College of Healthcare Executives. One fellow is chosen per year and will be compensated. The fellow reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will have mentoring opportunities with other senior-level executives.
See a list of current and former administrative fellows (.pdf)
- Completion or near completion of a master's degree in health care administration, health services administration or business administration with an emphasis in health care.
- Experience as an intern or employee in the health care industry.
- This year, we are specifically targeting strong interests and preference in healthcare IT and/or Finance. Ideally, the candidate also has previous experience in one or both of these areas.
How to apply
To apply for the Children's Hospital Colorado Administrative Fellowship, please e-mail the following materials in one e-mail to Jessica Schwartz. Recommendation letters may be sent separately if the author prefers to send the letter directly to Jessica. Applications and recommendation letters must be received by Friday, October 12, 2012. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- One-page personal statement that addresses the following:
- What unique skills and qualities do you think that you could bring to this fellowship?
- What are your top threevalues and why are they important to you?
- Official undergraduate and graduate school transcripts (scanned copies are accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional). These can be e-mailed directly from the individual writing the letter.
Application materials should be e-mailed to: Jessica.Schwartz@childrenscolorado.org
If electronic submission is an issue for the candidate, hard copy applications will be accepted at:
Children's Hospital Colorado
13123 E. 16th Avenue, Box B100
Aurora, CO 80045
Attn: Jessica Schwartz
For more information about Children's Hospital Colorado Administrative Fellowship, please contact Jessica Schwartz.