We invite you to join our staff at Children's Hospital Colorado. Every day can be a journey of discovery and healing at our Magnet-designated facility
. With our consistent ranking by U.S.News & World Report
as one of the 10 best children's hospitals in America and our new state-of-the-art hospital, there has never been a better time to join our team. Some highlights of our nursing program include:
- Commitment to family-centered care
- Nationally competitive salaries and benefits
- Competency-based orientation and Clinical Ladder program (5 levels)
- A Nurse Residency Program for new nursing graduates
- Generous differentials (including weekend) and tuition reimbursement
- Variable staffing patterns (full time, part time, flex and PRN)
- Float teams
- Unit-based self-governance model
- Nursing research, precepting opportunities and paid conference days
- Active Rocky Mountain Chapter Society of Pediatric Nurses
Orientation for new nurses
General hospital orientation
Our orientation program consists of classroom time, online learning modules and hands-on precepted clinical experience. All nurses will attend hospital orientation, which includes three sessions during the first three months of employment. All nurses will also be scheduled for nursing orientation classes by the department education coordinator of each unit.
Every nurse hired at Children's Colorado participates in a centralized orientation program consisting of didactic learning and precepted clinical experience. Classroom instruction is offered seven times a year. These three classroom days include general pediatric topics as well as key organizational and regulatory topics. Unit-based supplemental classes are offered on a regular basis. Each RN is paired with experienced preceptor(s) on the individual units. The number of precepted clinical hours depends on unit, level of experience and department.
Careers and support for new nurses
Children's Colorado hires baccalaureate nursing graduates from schools with CCNE or NLNAC accredited programs. New graduate nurses will attend the New-Graduate Nurse Residency Program, which is designed to facilitate the transition of a recent graduate from a student to a competent nurse at Children's Hospital Colorado.
Other nursing-related opportunities
- In addition to RNs, we occasionally hire CNAs, CRNAs, EMTs, LPNs, MAs and nursing students who have completed their pediatric rotations. If we have these positions available, they will be listed in our online database. CNAs and senior students should search for "Clinical Assistant" positions; EMTs search for CMT positions; and MAs search for MA positions.
- We do not have nursing internship opportunities. However, we do have numerous volunteer opportunities if you would like to learn more about the hospital. Learn how you can gain experience and put your skills to use as a volunteer.