Our doctors, nurses and staff are ready and prepared for your child's visit. If there is a need to change or cancel a scheduled appointment to the hospital, it is very important that you call the department that is treating your child as soon as possible and at least 24 hours before your visit. This helps us rearrange our staff schedule and resources so we can treat other children who are waiting.
You may change your appointment by calling Children's Hospital Colorado main phone number, 720-777-1234, and ask to be transferred to the department that is treating your child. Once you reach that department line you may cancel or change an appointment.
A member of our registration staff will call you before your scheduled visit to pre-register your child for their appointment. This helps to make sure you have a quick check-in on the day of your visit and that all paperwork and insurance information is complete and accurate.
During this call, our staff will also will provide you with information about where to go the day of your visit and any other preparation you need to do before your visit. They will review your insurance information and any copay amount that will be due on the day of your visit. Your doctor's office will call you one to two days before to admission to tell you what time you should arrive for your scheduled appointment.
At this time, it is important to:
Understand your insurance coverage.
- Make sure the hospital accepts your insurance plan and that the plan covers the visit for that your child is scheduled for.
- Make sure you have a good understanding of what is and is not covered by your plan.
- Ask questions!
Your insurance provider may require your child's stay to be approved before you visit. The doctor who referred you should handle these approvals. However, it is important to call your insurance provider directly to make sure approval has been granted; otherwise, you could be held financially responsible.
Prepare Your Child's Health History
Be sure to bring a list of the following information about your child's health:
A list of child's current medications, with specific dosages; please include any vitamins and herbal supplements your child has taken in the past two weeks.
- Child's medical records - including allergies and your child’s record of shots (immunizations).
- Information on previous illnesses, operations, hospital stays, tests or treatments.
Also be sure to tell us the following important things when you arrive:
Food allergies are very important to mention; also, please tell us about any allergies to medicine or latex.
- Your preferred pharmacy name and phone number where you would want to pick up any necessary prescriptions after you leave the hospital.
- Language interpretation and communication assistance needs.
- Religious or cultural preferences.
- Other information you feel is important for us to know about your child.