At Children's Hospital Colorado, our primary concern is the health and safety of our patients, families and staff. The following visitation policies and procedures are in place to help our patients heal as quickly as possible and to prevent the spread of infections. Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to these procedures.
Effective May 1, 2015
Inpatient areas at Children’s Hospital Colorado on Anschutz Medical Campus, Uptown and South Campuses and Parker Adventist Hospital:
- All visitors, including parents and siblings, must receive a brief health screening and apple sticker upon entry to the unit on each visit.
- In addition, travel screening will continue to be implemented for all visitors.
- Ill visitors will not be allowed to visit and will be asked to leave the hospital.
- Some units may have additional restrictions.
- Visitors under the age of 18 will not be permitted to stay after visiting hours unless an exception has been approved.
Outpatient Pavilion, Village Pavilion and Regional Location Clinics, Therapy Areas, Surgery Centers and Radiology
- Please do not bring additional family or friends to these visits.
- All visitors will undergo a brief health and travel screen.
- Visitors will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival. .
- If you or your child are experiencing respiratory/flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, cold, cough, runny nose or sore throat), you will be asked to wear a mask.
Emergency and Urgent Care Centers
- All visitors will be asked about travel. In addition, they will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival.
- If you or your child have respiratory/flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, cold, cough, runny nose or sore throat), you will be asked to wear a mask.
Visitor access reminders
- Visitors to all inpatient areas (including floors 6-9, all intensive care units, the emergency department and the Gary Pavilion will be screened for infectious diseases, travel and be given a visitor’s badge and apple sticker at the appropriate check-in area. - The information desk staff and volunteers are on hand to help direct you to where you need to go.
- Anyone required to visit prior to or after visiting hours will be instructed to stop by the main lobby information desk to receive a visitor badge, health screen and apple sticker. If no one is available at the information desk, visitors will be screened and checked in up on the units.
- Visitors and patients going to our Outpatient Pavilion should notify the check in staff if you or your child have any runny nose, cough, sore throat, fever, or rash. In addition if you or your child have traveled outside of the United States or been exposed to anyone with Chicken pox, Measles, or Tuberculosis, please notify the staff member at check in.
- Please do not bring additional children or friends to your child's outpatient appointment. If you need child care for a sibling during an appointment, please contact our Creative Play Center, which may be able to offer on-site child care during normal hours of operation.
- Children are not to be left unattended in public areas of the hospital.
Ways to stay in touch
If you are unable to visit in person, here are some ways to stay in touch with a child or family while they are here.
- Send a Cheer Card through our website.
- Send balloons (mylar type only) or other gifts through our gift shop on Anschutz Medical Campus and South Campus.
- Send an e-mail or greeting card to the Anschutz Medical Campus or South Campus.
- Call the child and family. Please call Children's Hospital Colorado main line (720) 777-1234 and ask to be transferred to the child’s room.
See a map of our locations for address, phone and other information.