Pediatric Cancer Care at Children's Hospital Colorado
The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (CCBD)
Our Center garners local, regional, national and international respect for the treatment and care of children, adolescents and young adults with cancer and non-malignant blood diseases, such as hemophilia and sickle cell anemia. The Center is the only dedicated pediatric cancer center in the Rocky Mountain region, and it is home to numerous specialized programs that provide state-of-the-art methods for diagnosing and treating complex diseases.
Our multidisciplinary team includes medical and surgical experts, specially trained nurses and psychosocial support personnel, as well as experienced consultants in pathology, diagnostic radiology, radiation therapy and all pediatric subspecialties. We are committed to giving personalized, family-centered care in a nurturing environment.
Visit our virtual tour to learn more about the CCBD, which is located on the 7th floor of the hospital. In addition to our main campus, treatments and appointments are also available at some of our other locations throughout the state.
Areas of expertise
- Children's Hospital Colorado Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders treats more than 1,500 patients each year.
- The Center is the only cancer center in the Rocky Mountain region dedicated to providing care for patients from birth to age 25.
- The Center incorporates the pediatric components of the Hemophilia and Sickle Cell Programs serving the Rocky Mountain region.
- Children’s has the region’s only Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program for brain tumor diagnosis and treatment, the only program for teen-aged children with cancer, the only Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Program, and the only pediatric Experimental Therapeutics Program investigating promising new drugs for cancer treatment.
- The Center is a founding member of the Children’s Oncology Group, an NCI-funded, multi-center alliance which conducts studies designed to improve our understanding of childhood cancer, its treatment and its cure.
You are in very good hands
The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children's Hospital Colorado offers a full range of medical, surgical, nursing and support services required for the optimal care of children and adolescents with cancer and blood diseases. Our team of pediatric oncologists, hematologists and bone marrow transplant specialists is nationally recognized for the diagnosis, treatment and research in childhood leukemias, solid tumors, hemophilia and other bleeding disorders, hemoglobinopathies, bone marrow failure states, immune deficiencies and certain genetic disorders. The Center houses numerous programs organized to help coordinate the multiple specialists and services required for optimal diagnosis and treatment of these illnesses.
The staff of Children's Colorado has contributed to major advances in treatment efficacy, cost containment and service accessibility. Our record of positive patient outcomes and reduced lengths of stay are largely attributable to our efficient diagnostic evaluations, prompt initiation of therapy, emphasis on outpatient care, fast-track discharge planning and specialized home care services.
Going beyond medicine
Every aspect of our service is tailored to kids, teens and young adults and their unique clinical and emotional needs. In fact, many of our treatments and technologies are designed exclusively for pediatric use. At Children's Colorado, healing goes well beyond medicine. We do whatever it takes to make kids physically and emotionally comfortable, so they can heal faster and get home sooner. From our red wagons and teen lounges to our specially sized furniture and medical equipment, everything we do is specifically tailored to the needs of kids.
Learn why kids need Children's Hospital Colorado.