Children's Hospital Colorado Heart Services
Children's Hospital Colorado's Heart Institute is ranked among the top 20 pediatric hospitals in the nation for heart care and surgery by U.S. News & World Report. We are one of only eight stand-alone pediatric research centers in the nation and one of the fastest-growing pediatric cardiac programs in the country. Our doctors, surgeons and nurses have experience diagnosing and treating all types of heart disease. Because of this expertise, we offer a consistent care team for patients, from the developmental years into early adulthood.
Comprehensive cardiac care, from before birth through young adulthood
Combining our medical expertise with state-of-the-art technology and comprehensive research makes us one of the best places in the nation for pediatric heart care.
- Our team's expertise in critical areas of heart care, such as cardiac surgery, cardiac anesthesia, intensive care, fetal diagnostics, cardiac imaging and exercise physiology, contributes to excellent outcomes.
- We offer nearly 20 unique programs for pediatric patients and young adults with all forms of acquired or congenital heart conditions, including the region's most active Pediatric Heart Transplant Program and one of the nation's top programs for Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Our team has immediate access to, and specialization in using, the latest cardiac imaging and testing resources, to help diagnose and manage pediatric cardiac conditions.
- We use technology and innovative therapies, like the Melody® Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve, to improve quality of life.
- Our fetal cardiologists work with parents and community physicians to provide complete care – from prenatal or fetal diagnosis, to counseling, birth planning, and care after delivery – for babies who have heart conditions present at, or before, birth. They are key members of the Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health team.
- Special services we offer, such as our Welcome Program, help families manage their non-medical needs.
- In addition to our cardiology team, more than 1,500 pediatric specialists at Children's Hospital Colorado provide expert care in any medical subspecialty area that our patients might need.