Resources for Families
Children's Hospital Colorado Family Health Library provides information in the broad areas of parenting, child development and also medical illnesses in children. The Library is located on the first floor of the hospital and is open to families of patients, as well as parents, educators, healthcare professionals and children. Books can be checked out by anyone, and can be returned through most public libraries in Colorado.
Several booklets and publications are available upon request from the Neurosciences family education library, including but not limited to:
- "Introduction to Spina Bifida" (English or Spanish)
- "Pointers for Parents, Your Child With Spina Bifida"
- "Hydrocephalus" (English and Spanish)
- "Hydrocephalus Therapy"
- "Dictionary for Brain Tumor Patients"
- "A Primer of Brain Tumors"
- "Living With a Brain Tumor"
- "Alex's Journey"
The following website resources may be helpful to you in your search for more information:
American Epilepsy Society
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
Hydrocephalus "My HIN Records" a Web-based personal journal for patients with Hydrocephalus