The Special Care Clinic at Children's Hospital Colorado is a comprehensive and integrated program that offers both primary care and consultation services to children with chronic medical conditions and special health care needs. This clinic specializes in treating children with special health care needs, including children with genetic disorders, developmental disabilities, complex chronic medical conditions and high-risk newborns.
We also care for the healthy siblings of children with special needs. We offer consultation services for children who live at a distance from Denver. The Special Care Clinic also performs assessment and management strategies for community care providers.
Services we provide:
- Primary care for children with complex medical issues including a variety of birth defects such as spina bifida and heart transplant for congenital heart defects
- Consultative assessment for children with complex medical issues
- Coordinate complex appointments for patients who need to see multiple doctors
- Consultation for special care clinic patients include:
- Child psychiatry for both cognitive and behavioral disorders (dual diagnosis)
- Adolescent gynecology
- Pediatric neurology
- Nutritional services
- Respiratory therapy
Diagnoses of patients followed by the Special Care Clinic may include:
Fax number for the Special Care Clinic: 720-777-7347