What are patient/family satisfaction rates?
At the Breathing Institute, we measure patient and family satisfaction through a telephone survey about a child and family’s experience. We look at patient/family satisfaction for our outpatient clinics as well as our individual providers.
Why do we measure satisfaction rates?
It’s important to us that every patient and family has an excellent experience at the Breathing Institute, which is why we ask families to share feedback. We look at all survey numbers and comments to find places where we can improve the care we provide.
We’re rated “excellent” or “very good” by 96% of families
In 2012, families rated their experience at the Breathing Institute as excellent or very good 96% of the time. This is a 1% increase in satisfaction from our 2011 rating of 95%.
Our 2012 patient satisfaction scores
Here is a breakdown of our satisfaction scores from last year. The first graph shows patient satisfaction with our overall quality of care. The second graph shows satisfaction with the care provider.
In addition to the scores you see above, we also ask families to comment on their experience in their own words. Here is some feedback we got from families in 2012:
- "Dr. Deterding is the best you can get."
- “Dr. Shira is the best doctor my child has ever seen. Takes his time.”
- “A technician in the pulmonary clinic was kid-friendly, explained things, showed how to use the equipment and he was thorough. “
- “Dr. Vivek is constantly reviewing her care and he even called me suggesting an additional test that she should have after reviewing her file.”
- “Karen the nurse goes above and beyond on what is going to happen.”
- “Dr. Halbower is great. She takes her time with what was going on and goes above and beyond patient care.”
Even though we already compare favorably to pulmonary programs at children's hospitals in the country, our goal is to deliver 100% excellence each and every time we interact with you.
How has the Breathing Institute at Children’s Colorado been able to improve our satisfaction rates?
We read all of the feedback we get from families and share it with our entire clinical team. We are committed to making your experience at the Breathing Institute excellent, and we use each family’s input to identify areas where we can improve the service we provide.
Recent projects that have come out of family feedback include:
- Improving the information families receive at the end of a clinic visit (the After-Visit Summary)
- Making it easier to schedule an appointment
- Working to make sure families know what to expect from their appointment before they ever walk in the door
What is the source of this data?
A third-party company conducts the telephone call survey on our behalf and then compiles the patient satisfaction data.
How often will this information be updated?
We continually track patient satisfaction and publicly report the information on a regular basis on this website.
If you ever feel that something is not excellent about your care, please let us know so we can work with you to resolve any problems. And if you receive a patient satisfaction survey phone call, please take the time to share your honest feedback; it helps us learn more about how we can exceed your expectations.