What are patient/family satisfaction rates?
At the Breathing Institute, we measure patient and family satisfaction through telephone and email surveys about a child and family’s experience. We look at patient/family satisfaction for our outpatient clinics as well as our individual providers.
Why do we measure satisfaction rates?
It’s important to us that every patient and family has an excellent experience at the Breathing Institute, which is why we ask families to share feedback. We look at all survey numbers and comments to find places where we can improve the care we provide.
We’re rated “excellent” or “very good” by 94% of families
In 2014, families rated their experience at the Breathing Institute as excellent or very good 94.9% of the time.
Our 2014 patient satisfaction scores
Here is a breakdown of our satisfaction scores from last year. The first graph shows patient satisfaction with our overall quality of care. The second graph shows satisfaction with the care provider.
In addition to the scores you see above, we also ask families to comment on their experience in their own words. Here is some feedback we've received from families:
- “Dr. Baker is always understanding, empathetic and really amazing.”
- “Dr. Stacey Martiniano is very open and gives my daughter a lot of confidence. My daughter is not scared when she's going to the doctor if she is going to see her. The entire staff at Children’s Hospital is the best.”
- “Dr. White is just so personable, great sense of humor, makes things easy to understand, makes a point to work with us as parents. He is great.”
- “Alicia Grenolds is fantastic, can't say enough about her. She is very knowledgeable and spends a lot of time and always can get in contact."
- “Kelli the nurse was excellent, spent a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions.”
- “Dr. Khan was very inquisitive with asking many questions for information about my child. Also the nurse who drew the blood was awesome; my child did not even cry.”
Even though we already compare favorably to pulmonary programs at children's hospitals in the country, our goal is to deliver 100% excellence each and every time we interact with you.
How has the Breathing Institute at Children’s Colorado been able to improve our satisfaction rates?
We read all of the feedback we get from families and share it with our entire clinical team. We are committed to making your experience at the Breathing Institute excellent, and we use each family’s input to identify areas where we can improve the service we provide. Recent projects that have come out of family feedback include:
- Improving the information families receive at the end of a clinic visit (the After Visit Summary)
- Making it easier to schedule an appointment
- Working to make sure families know what to expect from their appointment before they ever walk in the door
What is the source of these data?
A third-party company conducts the telephone and email survey on our behalf and then compiles the patient satisfaction data.
How often will this information be updated?
We continually track patient satisfaction and publicly report the information on a regular basis on this website.
If you ever feel that something is not excellent about your care, please let us know so we can work with you to resolve any problems. And if you receive a patient satisfaction survey phone call, please take the time to share your honest feedback; it helps us learn more about how we can exceed your expectations.