The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s Hospital Colorado is consistently ranked a top 10 pediatric cancer program by U.S. News & World Report and Parent’s Magazine, and includes one of the world’s premier hemophilia and thrombosis programs.
From infancy through young adulthood, the team’s disease-specific diagnostic, treatment and support services exceed the comprehensive needs of patients, families and community providers facing a cancer or blood disorder diagnosis.
What makes us different?
Ours is the only program in the region offering:
- Dedicated pediatric bone marrow transplantation, neuro-oncology, pediatric experimental therapeutics, radiation oncology and cancer genetics services.
- Multidisciplinary orthopedic oncology services for patients into their 30s.
- Coordinated multidisciplinary outpatient care for adult and pediatric hemophilia, thrombosis and stroke patients through one of the world’s premier Hemophilia and Thrombosis Centers.
- The full range of clinical trials offered by national cooperative groups plus unique investigator-initiated studies. Learn more about our research.
- Our HOPE (Helping Oncology Patients Excel) Survivorship Program managed by nationally recognized psychosocial and survivorship experts who facilitate the transition into adulthood by working together with internal medicine colleagues at the University of Colorado Hospital to conduct the TACTIC (Thriving After Cancer Therapy is Complete) clinic.
- A CCBD-dedicated Wellness Program directed by a full-time pediatric psychologist and staff.
- The Butterfly Program, a palliative care program that includes two CCBD physicians board-certified in both pediatric hematology/oncology and palliative care medicine.
- Multiple locations, including Aurora, Highlands Ranch and Colorado Springs, for outpatient infusion services. CCBD has several nodes in Children’s Hospital Colorado’s Network of Care, where patients can receive care from the same physicians who staff our Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. These satellite locations offer infusion services, outpatient care for the newly diagnosed oncology and/or hematology patients, moderate sedation, lumbar punctures, aspirations, and a wide range of follow-up care
Physical and emotional needs of children, adolescents and young adults and their families are addressed through a family-centered care model. We also offer a Wellness Program (led by a dedicated PhD psychologist and multidisciplinary team) and provide outpatient therapy whenever possible.
Research and clinical trials
To help advance the field, the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders oversees an active clinical trials and research program
. Because many clinicians are also laboratory scientists, the team effectively translates research discoveries into novel therapies. In partnership with the University of Colorado School of Medicine
, the team also trains the next generation of specialists through several pediatric hematology/oncology fellowships.
Strong ties with referring providers
Partnering with referring providers throughout the region is a priority – from diagnosis through survivorship. This is accomplished through regular communication, and in many cases, shared treatment.
Extending services to rural Colorado, Wyoming and Montana
Clinical team members regularly hold outreach clinics in cities throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming. Please call 720-777-9840 to make an appointment or to learn more about the schedule at each location.
Our outpatient clinic locations
- Anschutz Medical Campus - Aurora, CO
- South Campus - Highlands Ranch, CO
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Grand Junction, CO
- Glenwood Springs, CO
- Casper, WY
- Missoula, MT
- Billings, MT