The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (CCBD) at Children’s Hospital Colorado is consistently ranked a top 10 pediatric cancer program by U.S. News & World Report and Parents magazine. The CCBD also includes one of the world’s premier Hemophilia and Thrombosis programs.
Top-ranked care for bleeding and clotting disorders
With the region’s most comprehensive pediatric diagnosis, treatment and support programs, our Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center is internationally recognized for expertise in the comprehensive management of hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, afibrinogenemia, platelet function abnormalities, pediatric thrombosis, and other less common bleeding and clotting disorders.
The pediatric and adult clinical component of the University of Colorado Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center (the leading regional site of the Maternal Child Health Bureau Network of Hemophilia Treatment) is also part of our Hematology Program.
Who choose the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center?
At Children’s Colorado, our internationally known doctors provide pediatric and adult care for patients with bleeding and clotting disorders at one of the top programs of its kind in the world.
Known for our groundbreaking clinical and basic science research, our team helps set the national standard of care for hemophilia treatment. Recently, our clinical services have expanded to also serve pediatric stroke and thrombosis patients.
Programs and services we provide
- Consultation, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up by board-certified hematologists
- A team of experts who specialize in education and comprehensive care including: RNs, PNP, FNP, PA, social workers, pharmacists and physical therapists
- Surgical planning
- Family support services and accommodation assistance
- 340B Pharmacy for home infusion therapies and professional services
- Inpatient and outpatient local and regional care management
- Long-term management, support and follow up
- Access to an infusion center at Children’s Colorado with specialized staffing for high-acuity care
- Parent support groups
- School visits
- Community outreach education, including summer camp, and disease-specific retreats
- Bleeding disorders: Hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, platelet dysfunction, Women’s Bleeding Clinic, afibrinogenemia and other rare bleeding disorders
- Stroke: Acute ischemic stroke, perinatal stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, cerebral sinus venous thrombosis
- Thrombosis and thrombophilia including a separate antiphospholipid antibody syndrome clinic
Researching cures for a better tomorrow
Clinical research led by the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center has revolutionized the care of children with hemophilia, transitioning the focus from treatment of life-threatening and debilitating bleeding episodes to prevention of bleeding through regular home administration of clotting factors.
We are always moving forward to improve the care, and care delivery, to all of our patients through research and dedication to outcomes-driven improvement.
Learn more about our partners at the University of Colorado Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center.