Children's Hospital Colorado’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences provides the highest quality clinical services for children, adolescents and families.
We provide a full range of psychiatric services, including outpatient, day treatment and inpatient services for children and adolescents. Our multidisciplinary teams include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and nurses.
Why choose Children’s Hospital Colorado for the treatment of this condition?
Our services are child-centered and family focused. We emphasize working collaboratively with our patients and their families, to help them through crises and develop the resources and skills to do better.
Specific conditions treated
We serve children with a variety of behavioral and mental health needs
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Coping with medical illness
- Developmental and other learning disorders
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Eating disorders
- Elimination problems
- Impulse control disorders, such as nail biting and hair pulling
- Mood and thought disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Perinatal (pregnancy and postpartum) mental health
- Psychotic disorders
- School refusal
- Tourette’s and other tic disorders
From inpatient care to outpatient programs and clinics, we provide a full range of behavioral and mental health services. The ages of children and adolescents we serve ranges from 3 to 17 years old.
Read on for a summary of all psychiatry and behavioral health services.
For information about a specific program, please see each of our program pages. Each specialty program listed below offers diagnostic evaluations; individual, family and group therapy; parent counseling; consultation to other departments and services within the hospital and educational programs for parents and for other mental health and child healthcare professionals.