About the perinatal mental health program at Children’s Hospital Colorado
The Healthy Expectations Perinatal Mental Health Program at Children's Hospital Colorado supports pregnant and postpartum women and their families who are struggling with mood and anxiety issues. We provide evaluations for medical, psychological and/or social matters in the perinatal period.
We offer a free weekly mom-to-mom support group, as well as individual counseling, couples counseling, group therapy and mother-infant support billed through insurance for mothers in the postpartum period. For pregnant mothers, we offer a weekly topic-based support group also billed through insurance.
Why choose Children’s Hospital Colorado for the treatment of this condition?
The Healthy Expectations program is recognized as the Rocky Mountain leader in perinatal mood disorders treatment for pregnant and postpartum women. With free group support and evidence-based psychotherapy, Healthy Expectations draws upon experts from various medical and mental health disciplines including psychiatry, psychology, pediatrics, nursing and social work.
When motherhood doesn't feel like you thought it would, you could be suffering from postpartum depression. We’re here to help. Learn more about the postpartum depression program at Children’s Colorado (.pdf)
Specific conditions treated
- Depression during pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) during pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Bipolar mood disorder during pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Previous grief/loss/infertility and its impact on current pregnancy or parent-infant relationship
- Partner relational issues
- Birth trauma
- Other parent-infant relational issues
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Free mother-to-mother postpartum group support
- Individual counseling
- Couples counseling
- Mother-infant relationship play
- Pregnancy group
- Medication evaluation/management for women participating in one of our therapeutic programs