About the Routine Outpatient Psychiatry Specialty Programs
Children's Hospital Colorado offers a series of routine outpatient specialty programs for youth aged 5 to 17, in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. These programs serve children and adolescents, along with their families, with a broad range of emotional and behavioral problems.
Why choose Children’s Hospital Colorado for the treatment of this condition?
Children’s Hospital Colorado is the only site in the region that can offer a full continuum of psychiatric care, with the ability to serve children and teens with varied and co-morbid psychiatric concerns in a variety of programs – from routine outpatient care to inpatient treatment and every level in between.
Our routine outpatient psychiatry specialty programs were developed and are headed by experienced, doctorate level psychiatrists and psychologists, who additionally serve on faculty at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. The staff and faculty serving in these programs are committed to following evidence based practice and implementing only approaches that are supported by data and scientific literature. The programs are invested in assessing outcomes and designed to continuously examine and improve their components and operations. The programs are oriented toward empowering and intervening with whole families and are committed to a family focus.
Additionally, these programs uniquely offer intervention that is delivered in a well-integrated, collaborative, multidisciplinary fashion, where families benefit from the expertise and unique services of our multidisciplinary team. Our staff includes:
- Child and adolescent psychiatrists
- Child and adolescent psychologists
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Certified mental health workers
- Psychiatric registered nurses
- Creative art therapists
The Children’s Colorado Routine Outpatient Program is contracted with most private insurances. Please contact us at 720-777-6200 if you have insurance questions, concerns or would like to schedule an evaluation.
If you live outside of Denver County and have Medicaid coverage, please contact your local mental center to seek services per their guidelines.
Specific conditions treated in Outpatient Psychiatry
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social phobia
- Specific phobia
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
Requesting an evaluation
- Parents and/or legal guardians, please contact us at 720.777.6200 and select the prompt for #1 to schedule an evaluation
- Once this evaluation is scheduled, please click on the link below to PRINT and COMPLETE our “New Patient Questionnaire.”
Please download and fill out our New Patient Questionnaire (.pdf)
3. Please BRING YOUR COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE to your child’s evaluation. Please make every effort to complete this prior, in order to maximize your time with the provider.