We appreciate your interest in the volunteer program at Children's Hospital Colorado. To participate in this program, we ask that you do the following:
- Make a commitment to volunteer for a period of 6 months to one year.
- Attend a Saturday Volunteer Orientation and any additional training required for your assignment.
- We suggest that you volunteer on a regularly-scheduled basis, from 3 to 6 hours per week.
- Provide a health clearance from the hospital's Employee Health Services Department. The health clearance is free and takes about 20 minutes.
- Purchase and wear a volunteer uniform. Deposits for the uniforms range from $16 to $27.
- Abide by all hospital rules and regulations.
Volunteer application form
If you would like to apply to become a part of our volunteer program, please fill out our volunteer application form and submit it online.
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. The processing time once we receive your application can take from 3-5 weeks, depending on our ability to contact your references. Please keep in mind that evening volunteer positions, Monday through Thursday, from 6-9PM, and weekend volunteer positions, are our most requested assignments. Placement during these highly-requested times is more limited, and may take longer.
Once your application has been processed, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for a personal interview. At that time, we will discuss an assignment that will be fulfilling for you, and meet the needs of our patients and their families. We appreciate your willingness to share your time, talents and energy here at Children's Hospital Colorado!