Mar. 08, 201409:00am - 1:00pm
2nd Floor Conference Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado
13123 E 16th Ave Aurora, CO 80045
For more information call 720-777-4166
• Promote healthy lifestyles in Colorado youth through increased and sustained physical activity
• Position bicycling as a healthy and safe activity for children to regularly engage in
• Promote shared commitment by all the program supporters (Children’s Colorado, UnitedHealthcare, BikeSource, Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Denver, USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Bicycle Colorado, Specialized, and Bike Depot) to fostering healthy communities by impacting the health of children
• Children receiving a bicycle will be enrolled in the program through the Child Health Clinic, Shapedown Clinic, and GoodLife Clinic at Children’s Hospital Colorado as well as the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Denver
• Children participating in the program will be 3 to 12 years of age
• They will receive a bicycle, helmet and lock and attend a 2 hour bicycle education clinic
• Community Participants: Bikes For Life holds events open to all children in the community to encourage bicycling as a healthy and fun form of physical activity
• Community Events: Skills Courses are set up for kids to practice their riding skills as well as opportunities for kids to learn how to ride without training wheels. These events are open to all children in the community
• Boys and Girls Clubs: program events and education with the bike club participants in the Boys and Girls Clubs to encourage them to ride their bikes and be active
• Special Events
Volunteers will be trained on bicycle safety, rules of the road, how to teach a child to ride a bicycle and how to run a bicycle skills event.
To volunteer with the program, you must attend this training. Please register for the training in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.