Members of the Division of Nursing at Children's Hospital Colorado are responsible for using the best evidence for decision-making including, but not limited to, current research, clinical expertise, and patient/family values and preferences.
Research efforts are directed toward building a scientific knowledge base as the foundation for clinical decision-making and clinical practice through the conduct and utilization of nursing and interdisciplinary research.
- Modeling evidence-based practice by using the best evidence for decision-making including, but not limited to, current research, clinical expertise, and patient/family values and preferences.
- Advancing and ensuring the conduct of research, quality improvement (QI), and evidence-based practice (EBP) activities throughout the Division of Nursing.
- Promoting the dissemination of findings from nursing research, QI, and EBP projects at local, national, and international forums and through professional publication.
Children's Hospital Colorado is nationally recognized as a leader in pediatric nursing research and has diverse opportunities for staff and students:
- Leadership through Nursing Research Council membership
- Mentored research
- Research associated with graduate study
- Dissemination of findings through local, national, and international conferences
- Continuing education in research and evidence-based practice
The Department of Nursing Research & Education, in collaboration with Children's Hospital Colorado Research Institute, offers small grants to support nursing research activities.
For more information, please contact Anne Marie Kotzer, PhD RN CPN FAAN, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-777-1234.