Making Your Visit Better
Everyone at Children's Hospital Colorado wants you to be pleased with the care that we give your child. We also want your stay to be as pleasant as possible. We have in place special programs and procedures helping to ensure that we do everything possible to make your visit as positive as possible. Also, we have embraced standards of behavior which exemplify the best of our workforce and define our culture.
- Patient Representatives: Patient Representatives act as a liaison between the patient, the family and the hospital staff and serve to ease any tensions and solve potential problems before they become major issues of concern. Patient Representatives also make sure families have all the resources available to them that they may need.
- Family Advisory Council: The Family Advisory Council is composed of family members of patients and hospital staff to provide feedback, guidance and creativity for the hospital staff, ensuring that the voice of families is heard in decisions that can impact them. This group also brings you CarePages - a way to stay connected with friends, family and colleagues before, during and after a healthcare challenge.
- Youth Advisory Council: The Youth Advisory Council are patients and siblings of patients that have been hospitalized at Children’s Hospital who have the desire to create a better world for pediatric patients at Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Creative Arts Therapy: The Ponzio Creative Arts Therapy Program provides individual, group and family services throughout Children's Hospital Colorado. As part of the program, creative arts therapists use the arts to help children work through their problems, deal with pain, and express themselves. Art, music, dance, movement and yoga become tools for communication, emotional release, and ultimately, healing.
- Grievance Procedure: The Grievance Procedure at Children's Hospital Colorado defines how families can address issues they may have during their child's visit, starting with help from Patient Representatives.