Children's Hospital Colorado ParentSmart Healthline: Answering Your Pediatric Medical Questions 24/7
Wouldn't it be great if you could talk to a nurse from the comfort of your home any time you had a health question about your child or newborn? When you call Children's Hospital Colorado ParentSmart Healthline (720-777-0123) you can receive free health care advice from registered nurses. ParentSmart is there for you - 24/7 - providing access to expert pediatric care and peace of mind.
The ParentSmart Healthline has been serving families in the Rocky Mountain region for nearly twenty years and receives an average of 25,000 calls a year. Experienced pediatric nurses provide telephone triage, medical advice and in-depth information on over 290 pediatric topics. Callers are offered support and education based on pediatrician-approved protocols. ParentSmart also provides information on general health topics, community resources and can help you find a reputable physician in your area.
Call our free ParentSmart Healthline to speak with an experienced pediatric nurse 24/7.
Call toll free: 1-855-KID-INFO (543-4636)
Children's Hospital Colorado family-centered care model is used by ParentSmart nurses who offer support and clear direction for parents caring for an ill child in their home. When necessary, parents are referred to an appropriate pediatric care facility. Sometimes, for many worried parents, hearing a calm, compassionate voice in the middle of the night is the only thing that matters.
Quick facts about Children's ParentSmart Healthline
- ParentSmart was developed in 1992 as a free community service line so families with or without access to a primary care physician could receive high quality pediatric telephone care 24/7.
- Today, the ParentSmart Healthline is accessible to all families in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Children's Hospital Colorado ParentSmart Healthline nursing staff gives medical advice based on guidelines written by a Children's pediatrician with a national reputation in this field, Bart Schmitt, MD. These guidelines are considered the standard of care for telephone triage and advice guidelines by most experts in this field.
- Over 400 after-hours medical call centers in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other countries use software based on the content developed by Dr. Schmitt.
- All medical advice given by our nurses is compatible with American Academy of Pediatrics and pediatric telephone protocols used in most pediatric offices.
- ParentSmart provides quality care and has some of the lowest emergency room referral rates in the nation, allowing families to avoid unnecessary visits to the ER.
Hear from some of our callers
"The nurse we spoke to was great! Very helpful, reassuring, patient and comforting. Above and beyond excellent!"
"(We were) very glad to get a follow up call (from ParentSmart). We live in a small town and don't have a lot of access to medical care. Good to be checked on!"