KidsHealth is pleased to offer teachers, school nurses, coaches, and guidance counselors an online resource: KidsHealth in the Classroom. The KidsHealth in the Classroom website offers free health curriculum materials for teachers of all grades and subject areas. Each teacher's guide includes discussion questions, activities, and reproducible materials like handouts and quizzes — all aligned to national health education standards.
How to Use KidsHealth in the Classroom
Of course, you're welcome to explore the site to find just what you need. But if you're looking to get the most out of KidsHealth in the Classroom, try these tips:
- Get the latest teacher's guides — hot off the presses. Sign up for our free email newsletter programs to get new teacher's guides as soon as they become available.
- Share articles with students. Use the related KidsHealth articles available in each teacher's guide with your students to help reinforce what you teach in class.
- Spread the word to parents. Print articles from KidsHealth to send home to parents so that they know what's going on in class — and so that they can help their children apply what they're learning to life outside school.
- Coordinate efforts with colleagues. Include other teachers, school nurses, coaches, guidance counselors, and other school staff in your lesson plans. Together, you can teach complementary lessons and make health education a priority in your school.
- Let us know what you need. Tell us what topics you would like to see covered in future teacher's guides.
And if you like what you see, tell a friend!