Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup part-skim mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen spinach (if using frozen, thaw and drain well)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, combine, eggs, egg whites, skim milk, mozzarella, spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 40-45 minutes or until pie is set and crust is golden brown.
- Slice and serve hot, room temperature, or even cold.
Servings: 6 pie slices
Suggestion: Substitute canned, drained artichokes for the spinach to make an artichoke quiche.
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD