In addition to our dedication to providing the best care for kids, Children's Hospital Colorado is committed to providing educational opportunities to students in health administration. Our Administrative Fellowship program is designed to:
- Assist graduate students in applying what they have learned in the classroom to a healthcare organization
- Provide students with an introduction to the daily activities of an organization from the perspective of top management
- Enhance the student's understanding of the healthcare industry, as well as, the organization's strategy and distinctive competencies
- Allow the students to analyze the decision-making process at different levels of the organization
Children's Colorado is currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Administrative Fellowship.
The Administrative Fellowship is a year-long program in which the student gains valuable exposure to system and departmental operations through projects, organizational rotations, participation in meetings and other professional experiences. The projects and rotations will be customized toward the fellow's interests and the needs of the senior-level management team.
The Fellowship program follows the standards set by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). One fellow is chosen per year and will be compensated. The fellow reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Strategy Officer, and Vice President of Ambulatory Services and will have mentoring opportunities with other senior-level executives.
- Qualified applicants have a Masters degree (MBA, MHA, MHSA) or equivalent course work completed from a U.S. based university. Preferred applicants hold a Masters degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME); however, applications from non-CAHME programs will be accepted for review. The 12-month program is a post-graduate training program, beginning immediately upon completion of a healthcare related graduate degree.
- Experience as an intern or employee in the health care industry.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our Administrative Fellowship program. Please visit our career page and apply to job opening 63386. All requirements listed above will remain the same.
Applications will need to be submitted by the deadline listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please see below for what you need to submit.
In one document (in the following order) please include:
- Cover Letter
- One-page personal statement that addresses the following:
- Explain how an administrative fellowship will help you attain your career goals and how a Children’s Hospital Colorado fellowship complements these goals.
- What are your top three values and why are they important to you?
- Official graduate school transcript (scanned copies are accepted)
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript (scanned copies are accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
Please upload the document as a resume attachment on the application. For questions please contact email@example.com or 720-777-4747.
- Job posting will open Monday, August 5, 2019
- Complete applications must be submitted by Friday, September 27, 2019
- Offer will be extended by Monday, November 4, 2019
- One fellow will be selected
- Fellowship year begins approximately July 6, 2020
Phone Interview: Candidates selected for phone interviews will be notified by mid-October.
Onsite Interview: Candidates invited to interview on-site will participate in a day-long series of individual and panel meetings with various Children’s Colorado administrators and executives. Candidates should plan on arriving the day prior. Overnight accommodations and full reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided.
If electronic submission is an issue for the candidate, hard copy applications will be accepted at:
Children's Hospital Colorado
13123 E. 16th Avenue, Box B100
Aurora, CO 80045
Attn: Ariel Shifter
For more information about Children's Hospital Colorado Administrative Fellowship, please contact Ariel Shifter at AdminFellow@childrenscolorado.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.