In addition to our dedication to providing the best care for kids, Children's Hospital Colorado is committed to providing educational opportunities to students who are graduating with a master’s degree in health administration. Our Administrative Fellowship program is designed to:
- Assist fellows in applying what they have learned in the classroom to a healthcare organization
- Provide fellows with an introduction to the daily activities of a healthcare organization from the perspective of top management
- Enhance the fellow's understanding of the healthcare industry, as well as, the organization's strategy and distinctive competencies
- Allow the fellows to analyze the decision-making process at different levels of the organization
Children’s Colorado is excited to announce the return of the Administrative Fellowship for the 2022-2023 year. The application cycle will open Aug. 16, 2021 and close Sept. 17, 2021, and one fellow will be chosen.
The Administrative Fellowship is a year-long program in which the fellow gains valuable exposure to system and departmental operations through projects, organizational rotations, participation in meetings and other professional experiences. The projects and rotations will be customized toward the fellow's interests and the needs of the senior-level management team.
The Administrative Fellowship program follows the standards set by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). The fellow reports directly to the Vice President of Ambulatory Services, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Strategy Officer, and will have mentoring opportunities with other senior-level executives.
- Qualified applicants have a master’s degree (MBA, MHA, MHSA) or equivalent course work completed from a U.S. based university. Preferred applicants hold a master’s degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). However, applications from non-CAHME programs will be accepted for review. The 12-month program is a post-graduate training program, beginning immediately upon completion of a healthcare-related graduate degree.
- Qualified applicants also have experience as an intern or employee in the health care industry.
How to apply
All applications for the Administrative Fellowship must be submitted through the Children’s Colorado careers site. Please visit our career page to submit your application to job ID 69452. The application will be available on Aug. 16, 2021.
Applications will need to be submitted by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Please see below for application requirements.
In one document (in the following order), please include:
- Cover letter
- One-page personal statement that addresses the following:
- Explain how an administrative fellowship will help you attain your career goals and how a Children’s Colorado fellowship complements these goals.
- Describe your top three values and why are they important to you.
- Official graduate school transcript (scanned copies are accepted)
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript (scanned copies are accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
Please upload the document as a resume attachment on the application. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or 720-777-4747.
- July 29, 2021 – Informational webinar (#1) 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. MST
- Aug. 2, 2021 – Informational webinar (#2) 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST
- Aug. 16, 2021 – Applications open on the Children’s Colorado careers site
- Sept. 17, 2021 – Applications close
Phone interview: Candidates selected for phone interviews will be notified by the end of September.
Final interview: Candidates invited to final interviews will participate in a day-long series of individual and panel meetings with various Children’s Colorado administrators and executives. We will continue to evaluate the format of final interviews, placing patient safety as our most important concern.
If electronic submission is an issue for the candidate, hard copy applications will be accepted at:
Children's Hospital Colorado
13123 E. 16th Avenue, Box B100
Aurora, CO 80045
Attn: Ariel Zhu
For more information about Children's Colorado Administrative Fellowship, please contact Ariel Zhu at AdminFellow@childrenscolorado.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.