Here at Children’s Hospital Colorado, we know that children are not just small adults — they have different needs and require incredibly different care. If you are an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) who is passionate about working with children, you’ve come to the right place. Our Transition to Practice Programs for Adult to Pediatric Nursing offer specialized training and education to support you in transitioning from adult to pediatric nursing.
We are hiring experienced RNs from various specialties to join our intensive care units — no pediatric experience required. We will be here every step of the way to provide you with the robust training and clinical experience you need to ensure your career success at our top-rated pediatric hospitals.
Our pediatric nurses are respected team members who work on the front lines to provide skilled and compassionate care for kids. Here, nurses enjoy ample growth opportunities through our Clinical Advancement Program, which recognizes nurses’ hard work, expertise and leadership in reimagining the future of child health. Learn more about why our nurses love working at Children’s Colorado.
Program benefits include:
- No cost to participate
- Paid coursework
- Skills-based education
- Unit-specific clinical orientation
- Consistent pay and benefits throughout duration of program
- Experience: Minimum of one year in adult healthcare settings
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN); applicants with an Associate Degree in Nursing who agree to obtain a BSN within 3 years from their start date may be considered
- Licensure and registration: Registered Nurse (RN) license; BLS/CPR from the American Heart Association with at least 6 months left before expiration is required upon hire
Adult to Peds RN Transition to Practice Program for the PICU and CICU
Our Adult to Peds RN Transition to Practice Program supports experienced nurses who are seeking to grow their clinical practice by transitioning into pediatric care at Children's Hospital Colorado. The PICU and CICU are currently hiring.
How to apply
All BSN- or ADN-prepared nurses with at least one year of adult nursing experience are eligible to apply for the Adult to Peds RN Transition to Practice Program. This is a six-month program that provides didactic and skill-based learning opportunities and includes up to 17 weeks of individualized clinical orientation depending on prior experience. The program takes place at our Magnet-designated hospital on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. Applications are accepted at any time.
We are currently hiring for these upcoming cohorts:
- PICU Adult to Peds Transition to Practice: January, April and July 2024
- CICU Adult to Peds Transition to Practice: April and July 2024
Apply for our Adult to Peds RN Transition to Practice Program