We greatly appreciate the outpouring of support we’ve received from community members offering to donate and make personal protective equipment (PPE) during the coronavirus pandemic. Please follow these guidelines to help our team members streamline donations and to avoid disrupting critical operations and patient care.
If you still have questions after reviewing the information below, please email PPEDonations@childrenscolorado.org.
Donating medical PPE
Like healthcare institutions across the country, Children’s Hospital Colorado is in critical need of protective gear.
We’re accepting donations of the following items. Please note that gear should be brand new (never used) and in its original packaging.
- N95 masks (high priority)
- Hand sanitizers like Purell (high priority)
- Manufactured surgical and medical masks
- Face shields (3D printed OK)
- Nitrile gloves
- Disinfectant wipes for hard surfaces
Homemade protective equipment
We’re also accepting the following “homemade” protective equipment:
- Complete 3D-printed face shields (must include all parts)
- Cloth face coverings for patients and families
Your donations will help protect both team members and families during this crisis. Face shields will provide vital protection for our frontline team members, and cloth face masks will help team members in non-clinical areas and patients’ families to help reduce community transmission.
Guidance and resources for cloth face coverings
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) How to Wear a Face Covering for approved materials and sewing patterns.
- Preferred pattern: In terms of style and pattern, we prefer the CDC's "sewn cloth face covering" option with elastic ear loops.
- Please use kid-friendly prints.
- Both adult- and child-sized coverings are needed; approximately 25% of our total inventory needs to fit younger children.
- For additional resources and tips on sewing cloth face coverings, please visit the Colorado Mask Project.
We properly sanitize all cloth face coverings in the hospital laundry before use.
We continue to revisit these guidelines daily based on the best available evidence and will update this list if anything changes.
Where to donate
We can accept donations by delivery and by mail. Please donate at the facility nearest you; we will distribute donations throughout our locations as PPE needs arise.
We’re accepting drop-offs by appointment. Please call the Association of Volunteers at each location to arrange details.
To send PPE by mail, please address your package to “Children’s Hospital Colorado, c/o Association of Volunteers.” Visit the links above for each location’s mailing address.
If you have questions, please email PPEDonations@childrenscolorado.org and our team will get back to you.
Thank you for your generosity! Learn even more ways you can help (and get help) during the coronavirus pandemic.