- Breast symptoms in a young girl before puberty
- Breast buds (the first sign of puberty in girls) are also covered
Symptoms included in this guide are:
- Breast buds are the most common concern. Breast buds are small, disc-shaped lumps felt under the nipple and areola. Any lump found under the areola is a breast bud until proven otherwise.
- Breast symptoms in newborns are also covered.
- Other symptoms: breast lump, breast redness and nipple discharge.
Early Breast Development Caused by Contact with Estrogens: Prevention
- Early breast development before age 8 can be caused by estrogens in the environment. Estrogen is a type of hormone. Parents should consider these potential exposures:
- Estrogen in cosmetics, such as hair creams
- Birth control pills
- Estrogen sprays to reduce hot flashes during menopause
- Lavender oil and tea tree oil have weak estrogen in them
- Prevention: use and store these products carefully. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying.