Also known as the "Young Women's Bleeding Clinic," this clinic addresses the congenital and acquired bleeding disorders that often go unrecognized by young women and their clinicians. However, adverse outcomes of common bleeding disorders can be prevented with the right medical treatment and education. Because of this, Children’s Hospital Colorado started the Young Women with Bleeding Disorders Clinic, a collaboration between the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center (HTC). Together, our main goal is to improve quality of life and patient safety.
What we offer
This clinic is designed to provide complete, one-stop care to diagnose and treat gynecological and hematologic issues for young women with menorrhagia, bleeding or platelet disorders.
- Gynecologic reproductive health consultation
- Hematologic consultation to evaluate for congenital or acquired bleeding disorders
- Contraception consultation, in-office IUD placement
- Easy access to adolescent medicine and psychology consultation
- Access to the resources of the HTC, including nursing, social work, physical therapy and 340B pharmacy
Common bleeding disorders that may result in heavy bleeding at menstruation, known as menorrhagia
- Von Willebrand disease
- Platelet function defects
- Factor VII or XI deficiency
- Hemophilia A or B carrier
- Connective tissue disorders
Our multidisciplinary team of providers includes hematologists from our nationally and internationally recognized Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center (HTC) as well as gynecology providers specially trained in pediatric and adolescent reproductive health.
Learn more about our clinical research, aimed to improve our education and treatment of bleeding disorders in young women.
Children’s Hospital Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus
Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center
8 a.m.–12 p.m. the second Monday of each month
Clinic appointment line: 303-724-0724
Children’s Hospital Colorado, South Campus
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
1 p.m.–5 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month
Clinic appointment line: 720-498-9840