Pediatric gynecologists provide expert medical care to diagnose and treat conditions that affect the female reproductive health system of both children and adolescents. We provide a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach that is sensitive to the psychological and emotional needs of our patients and their families.
Our board-certified gynecologists care for patients at several specialty clinics at Children’s Hospital Colorado, as well as in many of our locations throughout Colorado. We also provide surgical services.
Why choose Children’s Hospital Colorado for gynecological conditions?
The physicians and staff at Children’s Colorado have special expertise in a wide range of pediatric and adolescent gynecologic conditions. We place a strong emphasis on communicating with children, teens and their families in caring and sensitive ways. When needed, we work closely with referring providers to coordinate ongoing care and follow-up.
The gynecologic conditions that occur in children and adolescents are often unique to this age and may require the collaborative efforts of health professionals from several different departments, for example, pediatric surgery, urology, hematology, oncology, endocrinology and adolescent medicine. With a wide range of available resources, the we are able to provide the care your daughter and family needs.
The coordinated care we provide means that you have direct access to necessary medical and surgical services, and the most comprehensive care possible. Our services include:
- Preventive reproductive health guidance, counseling and screening
- Age-appropriate evaluation and treatment for gynecologic conditions
- Surgical treatment for conditions such as ovarian torsion, ovarian cysts, congenital anomalies, vulvar and vaginal conditions and undiagnosed pelvic pain
- Surgical consultation and multidisciplinary care with surgical specialists in pediatric urology and surgery
- Specialized pediatric and adolescent gynecology clinics for patients with reproductive health concerns in Cancer and Blood Disorders, Special Care, Pain Management and Endocrinology for children with disorders of sexual development (DSD).
- Specialized clinics for pregnant teens and young women:
- Colorado Adolescent Maternity Program (CAMP) is a multidisciplinary prenatal and postnatal program that addresses the medical as well as the social and emotional needs of young mothers and their families. Our team includes nurse practitioners and physicians, dieticians and social workers, psychologists and case coordinators. This comprehensive approach to our patients and their families helps ensure the healthiest pregnancy possible.
- HEART (Healthy Expectations Adolescent Response) Clinic provides care for young women with mood conditions.
- Young Mother’s Clinic, which provides care to young moms and their babies.