The Spine Program at Children’s Colorado evaluates and treats infants, children, teens and young adults with all types of spinal conditions and injuries. From the most basic conditions to the most complex, our goal is to provide the safest and most effective treatments beginning with non-surgical options. However, if surgery is the recommended treatment, we offer innovative approaches from experienced orthopedic spine surgeons.
Watch Caroline's Story
Watch ballerina Caroline's story to learn how Dr. Sumeet Garg from our Spine Program helped treat her scoliosis to keep her on the dance floor.
Spine conditions we treat
Why choose the Spine Program at Children’s Colorado?
Shorter Hospital Length of Stays for Spinal Fusion Surgery when Compared to the State Average
Pediatric Spine Procedures Performed Each Year
Of the Pediatric Idiopathic Scoliosis Procedures in Colorado
The spine team at Children’s Colorado is one of the top pediatric spine care teams in the country. The care team includes specially trained pediatric and adolescent spine experts, who provide the right treatment at the right time. Our surgeons perform more than 200 pediatric spine procedures each year – that’s more than anyone else in the Rocky Mountain Region.
Specialized care for your child and family
The Spine Program provides:
- Pediatric orthopedic surgeons and physician assistants with training and experience in advanced pediatric spine care.
- Expertise from infancy through young adulthood, giving your family a continuum of care as your child grows and develops.
- Patients receive individualized treatment plans according to their condition and specific needs.
When surgery is recommended, we have exactly what patients need:
Expert guidance and support
The Spine Program provides a team approach to care offering family-centered support for you and your child.
- A welcome program and coordinator introduces your family to Children’s Colorado and provides supportive services.
- Spine class is a pre-surgery interactive session for healthy school age and adolescent patients. Class prepares patients and families for surgery and recovery.
- Families receive educational information and listen to a former patient share his or her spine surgery experience.
- The spine team accommodates the needs of patients with complex medical problems. A team of experts coordinates care throughout a patient’s treatment.
Members of our team belong to the following professional groups: