The Surgical Oncology Program at Children’s Hospital Colorado provides treatment for a wide variety of pediatric tumors and cancers. Through a strong collaboration with our Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Department of Pediatric Urology and Department of Pediatric Surgery, our oncology and surgical experts are able to treat every type of pediatric cancer, no matter how common or rare.
Ranked among the nation’s best pediatric cancer treatment centers, our hospital is known for its multidisciplinary approach and outstanding outcomes. Our surgeons and oncologists are members of the Children’s Oncology Group (COG), allowing us to collaborate with experts from all over the United States and Canada who focus exclusively on pediatric cancer research. This research combined with our innovative approach to surgical treatment enables us to provide treatment for a wide range of cancers using the most modern techniques.
Conditions we treat
We provide care to kids of all ages, from infancy through young adulthood. We diagnose and treat the following tumors and cancer-related conditions:
- Liver tumors
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Mesenchymal hamartoma
- Embryonal sarcoma of the liver
- Kidney tumors
- Hereditary renal tumor syndromes
- Adrenal tumors
- Orthopedic tumors/sarcomas
- Mediastinal and sacrococcygeal germ cell tumors
- Testicular and paratesticular tumors
- Ovarian tumors
- Ovarian stromal tumors
- Ovarian germ cell tumors
- Pelvic tumors
- Bladder or prostate rhabdomyosarcoma
- Vaginal or uterine rhabdomyosarcoma
- Non-gonadal germ cell tumors
- Rare tumors
- Pleuropulmonary blastoma
- Colon cancer
- Other rare liver tumors
- Head and Neck
- Parotid and salivary gland neoplasms
- Sinonasal, skull base and nasopharyngeal neoplasms
- Masses of the oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx or airway
- Neck masses, primary malignancies or metastases
- Complex cutaneous disease, melanoma or spitzoid lesions
- Rhabdomyosarcoma of the head and neck
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
The Surgical Oncology Program at Children’s Colorado treats all pediatric cancers and tumors, from the less critical to the most complex. Because we diagnose and treat so many types of cancers, even the very rare ones, some of them might not be listed in detail on this website.
Please contact us at 720-777-8000, and we’ll help you find the information you need to learn more about a condition or make an appointment.