When transplantation is the best option for your child to have as healthy a life as possible, the experts at Children’s Hospital Colorado are here to help. Our transplant program has been changing lives for 25 years. We have the only pediatric transplant program in the region with this magnitude of experience and expertise. Our unique multidisciplinary team approach to care offers patients excellent outcomes and hope for a better, healthier life.
2014 Heart Transplant Survival Rate
Bone Marrow Transplant Survival Rate
Transplant specialists at Children's Colorado understand that families dealing with chronic childhood diseases can be overwhelmed by emotion and information. That’s why the Transplant Program at Children’s Colorado offers a unique multidisciplinary team for each child. Transplant care includes:
- Our transplant teams have access to every medical and surgical specialty in the hospital for consultations.
- In addition to our skilled pediatric transplant surgeons, our transplant teams include anesthesiologists, social workers, nutritionists and nurses, all trained in care and management of kids.
- Transplant coordinators are on hand to connect kids and families with their care teams, and to provide education and resources to families before, during and after surgery.
- Children's Colorado offers the only pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Program in Colorado certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
- Our Heart Institute is one of the leaders in heart transplantation for babies, kids and teens, with survival rates among the highest in the nation.
- Our Kidney Transplant Program has performed 212 kidney transplants since 1988, with short- and long-term outcomes above the national average.
- The Liver Transplant Program is the only program offering complete pediatric multi-specialty liver transplant services in the Rocky Mountain region.