What are patient and family experience rates?
At the Breathing Institute, we measure patient and family experience through text, email and automated phone surveys about a child and family’s experience. This measure is based on how each respondent answers the question: “Using any number from 0 to 10, how likely would you be to recommend this facility to your family and friends?”
We look at patient/family experience for our outpatient clinics as well as our individual providers.
Why do we measure experience rates?
It’s important to us that every patient and family has an excellent experience at the Breathing Institute, which is why we ask families to share feedback. We look at all survey numbers and comments to find places where we can improve the care that we provide.
Our 2022 patient experience scores
We’re proud of the quality-of-care ratings our families give us. In 2022, 88.7% of families rated their experience with the Breathing Institute as a 9 or 10 (on a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being the highest).
Of families rated the Breathing Institute a 9 or 10
Patient experience quotes
In addition to the scores you see above, we also ask families to comment on their experience in their own words. Here is some feedback we've received from families over the years:
- “Dr. Baker is always understanding, empathetic and really amazing.”
- “Dr. Stacey Martiniano is very open and gives my daughter a lot of confidence. My daughter is not scared when she's going to the doctor if she is going to see her. The entire staff at Children’s Hospital is the best.”
- “Dr. White is just so personable, great sense of humor, makes things easy to understand, makes a point to work with us as parents. He is great.”
- “Alicia Grenolds is fantastic, can't say enough about her. She is very knowledgeable and spends a lot of time and always can get in contact."
- “Kelli the nurse was excellent, spent a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions.”
- “Dr. Khan was very inquisitive with asking many questions for information about my child. Also the nurse who drew the blood was awesome; my child did not even cry.”
Even though we already compare favorably to pulmonary programs at children's hospitals in the country, our goal is to deliver 100% excellence each and every time we interact with you.
How has the Breathing Institute been able to improve experience rates?
We read all the feedback we get from families and share it with our entire clinical team. We are committed to making your experience at the Breathing Institute excellent, and we use each family’s input to identify areas where we can improve the service we provide. Recent projects that have come out of family feedback include:
- Improving the information families receive at the end of a clinic visit (the After Visit Summary)
- Making it easier to schedule an appointment
- Working to make sure families know what to expect from their appointment before they ever walk in the door
What is the source of the data?
A third-party company conducts the experience survey on our behalf and then compiles the patient experience data.
How often will this information be updated?
We continually track patient experience and publicly report the information on an annual basis on this website.
If you ever feel that any part of your care is not excellent, please let us know so we can work with you to resolve any problems. And, if you receive a patient experience survey, please take the time to share your honest feedback. It helps us learn more about how we can exceed your expectations.