Why request a second opinion from our Breathing Institute?
Our pediatric breathing experts provide complete care and advice for any breathing condition affecting kids. U.S. News & World Report ranks us as the No. 6 children’s breathing program in the country and the No.1 children’s hospital in the region based on our impressive outcomes, expertise and vast experience.
Because medical knowledge and care advance every day, it’s especially helpful to seek advice from more than one doctor before going forward with treatment. This is particularly true for rare or complex breathing conditions – or when treatment could be life-changing.
We believe that a multidisciplinary approach to breathing treatment is the best way to provide care and improve quality of life for kids. It all starts with you feeling confident about your child’s care plan.
What specialties or programs offer a second opinion?
Your child’s diagnosis or symptoms help us determine which specialists they see. We offer in-person second opinions for many breathing conditions, including:
If you have questions about second opinions for specific conditions, call us at 720-777-6181.
What should I prepare before my initial informational call?
More information helps our experts guide you to the best specialist for your child and makes the process smoother. Please be prepared to provide the following information to our care team on your initial informational call:
Child and contact information
- Your child’s name
- Date of birth
- Name of parent/guardian
- Your child’s primary care doctor or pediatrician’s contact information including name, phone number, address and email, if known
- Insurance information (name, group, member ID)
- Phone number and alternate emergency phone number
- Email address
- A summary or description of your child’s disease, diagnosis and symptoms
- Your child’s specialty provider name and contact information, if applicable
- A complete list of locations where your child has previously received or is currently receiving care related to this concern
- Your goals for a second opinion
We’ll also discuss what information and records we will need prior to your child’s appointment. Our team is available to guide you throughout the process.
Where will my child be seen for their in-person appointment?
We provide second opinions at the Breathing Institute on Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.
If you have any more questions about second opinions, please call us at 720-777-6181.
Get answers to questions about second opinions at Children’s Colorado