Family Resource Center: temporary changes
For the safety of our patients, families and staff, we're limiting shared gathering spaces at the Family Resource Center. Please call 720-777-6053 for more information.
For the safety of our patients, families and staff, we're limiting shared gathering spaces at the Family Resource Center.
- Sleep rooms are open. To sign up for a sleep room, call 720-777-6053.
- Shower and laundry by appointment. First come, first serve during hours of operation. Call 720-777-5329.
Everything else, one at a time. We can still allow one person at a time to use computers and printers and access toiletry items. Breakfast is still served on a one-at-a-time, grab-and-go basis, weekdays at 8:45 a.m.
The Family Resource Center will be staffed weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Por la seguridad de nuestros pacientes, familias y personal, estamos limitando los espacios compartidos de reunión en el Centro de Recursos para las Familias.
Las habitaciones para dormir están abiertas. Para inscribirse por una habitación de dormir, llame al 720-777-6053.
Duchas y lavandería con cita previa. Durante el horario de apertura se atenderá por orden de llegada. Llame al 720-777-5329.
Todo lo demás, uno a la vez. Todavía podemos permitir una persona a la vez para el uso de las computadoras y las impresoras, y para obtener artículos de aseo personal. Seguimos ofreciendo desayuno los días de entre semana a las 8:45 de la mañana, pero para llevar y sirviendo una persona a la vez.
El Centro de Recursos para las Familias estará dotado de personal los días de entre semana de 8:30 a.m. a 5 p.m. y los fines de semana de 10 a.m. a 3p.m.
The Family Resource Center provides a home away from home for parents and guardians while a child is in the hospital. Located on the second floor of our hospital on Anschutz Medical Campus, between the Outpatient Pavilion and Conference Center, this private space serves as a respite area where families can relax and recharge.
At the Family Resource Center, families can disconnect from the stress of their child’s medical experience in a space designed just for them. The Center includes a reception area, business center, kitchen and dining area, laundry facilities and a relaxation room with a TV. You can also reserve private respite rooms with the comfortable amenities of home.
Complimentary respite rooms to catch up on rest
We understand that taking care of a sick child is hard on the whole family, and everyone does better with rest. That's why our Family Resource Center includes six private respite rooms (based on availability) for parents and guardians.
Each respite room is available on a first-come, first-served basis and includes:
- A queen-size bed
- A flat-screen TV
- Luggage storage and a locker for personal items
- A comfortable bedroom-like feel with artwork, plush linens and hotel-quality toiletries
Guest and family services
The Family Resource Center also serves as a hub for our Welcome Program, as well as our guest and family support services.
The Welcome Program
The Welcome Program provides non-clinical assistance to patients and families who live more than 60 miles away and have not previously been to the Anschutz Medical Campus. With the help of volunteers, the Welcome Program helps families navigate our hospital and campus.
We can meet patients and families at the entrance, chaperone you to various appointments and explain all of the patient and family amenities available at our hospital, including the Family Resource Center.
Our team in the Family Resource Center is committed to providing a welcoming experience for all guests. Our complimentary guest services include:
- Hospital tours and help finding your way around the hospital
- Assistance arranging short- and long-term accommodations at facilities like the Ronald McDonald House, Brent's Place and nearby hotels
- Communication for all patient/family events within the hospital
- A concierge service for patients and families
- Complimentary and discounted attraction tickets
- Special family-focused events such as birthday parties, graduations and more
- A complimentary notary service
- Daily continental breakfast
Family support services
At the Family Resource Center, we're also here to support your family with:
- Coordinating on-site short-term accommodations, including the family respite rooms in the Family Resource Center, plus nine others throughout the hospital
- Helping with basic needs in partnership with clinical social work
- Assistance with food, clothing and toiletries
- Transportation assistance for bus/light rail passes, airport shuttles and more
- Assistance activating MyChart accounts and accessing patient education class schedules
- Referrals to other hospital support services
- Access to a reference list of community-based services and support
Additional family support services within our hospital include:
- A Family Health Library designed for patients and families
- A Safety Store where you can shop for a variety of products to help keep kids safe and ask our safety experts questions about child safety
- A Family Learning Center that offers family education classes on a variety of child health topics, as well as support groups
- A Creative Play Center that is a free and safe area for brothers and sisters while a sibling is in the hospital
Family Resource Center hours and contact information
Currently, the Family Resource Center will be staffed weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Family Resource Center is normally open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Guest services, family support and the Welcome Program are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information, please call 720-777-5329 or email FamilyResourceCenter@childrenscolorado.org.
If you would like to learn more about making a donation to the Family Resource Center, please call 720-777-1700 or email us at FamilyGiving@childrenscoloradofoundation.org.