Children's Hospital Colorado Association ("Children's Hospital Colorado" or "Children's Colorado") and its branded public-facing social media accounts exist to facilitate meaningful engagement with patients, their families, our employees, referring providers and the general public.
Our social media presence includes Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. We intend to create an atmosphere in which all participants can share their thoughts in a safe and inviting environment. Our social media accounts are meant to be welcoming, appropriate and showcase why here, it's different.
What is prohibited on our social media channels?
If you engage on any Children's Colorado social media channel, you cannot:
- Advocate illegal activity
- Post or distribute any vulgar, disrespectful, unlawful, unwelcome, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, hurtful or indecent language or images that are disparaging to a staff member mentioned by first and last name or any other person or entity
- Use any social media or online community for commercial purposes of any kind, including advertising and sales, even if you disclose yourself as a representative of such commercial entity
- Post content that includes medical advice that may be unsolicited and/or unverified
- Post or distribute any software or other materials that contain a virus or other harmful component
- Post material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any chat room, bulletin board or discussion thread
- Post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or is in violation of local, state, national or international laws, including intellectual property rights or the privacy or publicity rights of others
- Continue to post comments after receiving a warning, as that may result in Children's Colorado terminating your access to that social media channel
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Impersonate another person
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification
- Post material written in all caps or containing extremely poor spelling and/or grammar
- Post the same note more than once or "spam"
- Violate the terms of any social channel on which you are participating
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits another person from using or enjoying the online community, or in the judgment of Children's Colorado, exposes Children's Colorado or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment
What are Children's Colorado's rights as the owner of these social media channels?
Information shared within any social media areas that are associated with Children's Colorado are minimally reviewed by Children's Colorado. Children's Colorado reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove postings from any affiliated social media channel at any time and for any reason
- Monitor or disclose any communication occurring within social media affiliated with Children's Colorado
Note that Children's Colorado may choose to comment or not comment on any given post or topic. Our participation or non-participation is by no means reflective of our beliefs.
Also, Children's Colorado may use any comments or images posted on any branded social media channel for marketing and other purposes.
Children's Colorado and its affiliates shall not and cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of any information, and shall not be responsible for any decisions made based on such information.
Our pages on social media sites may contain links to other websites, some of which are operated by Children's Colorado or its affiliates and others that are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed all the information on those other websites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other websites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked websites.
If you are aware of a copyright violation, please email email@example.com.
If you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.