Since 2020, life as we know it has been turned upside down. Every person has had to deal with the repercussions of the global COVID-19 pandemic in their own way. Pediatric medicine is no different. Pediatrics has changed considerably over the last few years, and as we emerge from the pandemic, many people are anticipating a return to the pre-pandemic “normal." It is important to understand, though, that there may be a "new normal."
Listen to pediatric experts discuss the repercussions of the global COVID-19 pandemic
In this episode, Raphe Schwartz and Rhae Gamber join us to discuss what has changed in the landscape of pediatrics, what will stay and what areas will not recover.
Raphe Schwartz serves as the Chief Strategy Officer at Children's Hospital Colorado and Rhae Gamber is the senior consulting director of Women’s Health and Pediatric Intelligence from healthcare analytics and intelligence firm Sg2.
In this episode, our experts discuss:
- Short- and long-term forecasts for inpatient pediatric utilization
- Underlying reasons for inpatient pediatric bed utilization
- Emergency department and outpatient volume predictions
- Hospital volumes and their impact on primary care providers
- The future of telemedicine and digital health services
- The lasting impact of health disparities exacerbated by the pandemic
Refer a patient to Children’s Colorado.
Stay up to date with the latest on COVID-19
Experts at Children’s Hospital Colorado are committed to maintaining important and timely information for providers during the pandemic. Check back regularly for frequent updates to our COVID-19 resources for healthcare professionals.