As a pediatrician, your patients' health is your first priority. You want to make sure they receive the best possible care at all times, whether they are in your office for a routine visit, receiving treatment at an outpatient clinic or making an unexpected visit to the ER.
Children's Hospital Colorado shares your patient and family-centric focus and we are committed to working in partnership with you to ensure that the children of Colorado receive optimal care at every point in our healthcare system.
Part of this commitment is to introduce PedsConnect™—a fully integrated pediatric electronic health record (EHR) and practice management system. By enabling pediatricians and other healthcare providers throughout our community to efficiently access and share clinical patient data at the point of care, PedsConnect helps ensure that every child receives the most effective and immediate care where and when they need it.
Plus, PedsConnect offers a full range of practice management tools that can save you valuable time and money, maximize your return on investment, and contribute to a healthier bottom line for your practice.
About PedsConnect: Colorado's premier pediatric community EHR system
PedsConnect is a comprehensive, fully integrated EHR and practice management system that is exclusively designed for and available to pediatric healthcare providers in Colorado. Featuring the industry's top-rated EHR system technology from Epic, PedsConnect has been extensively customized to accommodate the needs of today's pediatric practices, while facilitating a community-wide partnership approach to care.
Key and features and functionality include:
- Seamless integration between registration, scheduling, clinical documentation and billing
- Electronic ordering of prescriptions with most local pharmacies via Surescripts
- Real-time interfacing with Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS)
- Integration with LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics lab systems
- Billing clearinghouse services through industry-leader Navicure
- Clinical data integration with Children's Hospital Colorado, our Network of Care, and numerous sub-specialty clinics
- Customizable user-based preferences to add value to your workflow
Easy internet-based access to secure patient information
Through PedsConnect, you can access vital patient information you need anywhere, anytime. You just need a computer with a Windows XP (or Vista) operating system, an updated Internet browser and a high-speed (broadband) Internet connection. Whether you're accessing the system in the examination room or at your home office, you simply navigate to the appropriate website address and enter your user name and password to log on.
Benefits for your practice and patients
- Improved patient care - PedsConnect provides information, tools and resources that help you and your partners in pediatric care at Children's Hospital Colorado make more informed, effective and timely decisions.
- Improved data access and integrity - PedsConnect ensures immediate access to critical information and significantly reduces the potential for errors.
- More complete patient data - PedsConnect instantly updates your records with information that might otherwise be dependent upon parents to share or delayed in paperwork processing.
- Front and back-office efficiencies - PedsConnect includes patient registration and scheduling as well as billing functions that speed up the revenue cycle of your practice. Charges are triggered by documenting your clinical care, thus reducing manual charge entry.
- Clinical care and research advancements - By enabling communication and sharing of clinical patient data among the pediatric community, including best-practice and evidence-based protocols, PedsConnect can help facilitate joint clinical quality initiatives that result in improved patient care and outcomes overall.
Technical advantages of PedsConnect
PedsConnect is hosted by Children's Hospital Colorado, meaning that our hospital houses, supports and maintains the system's end-to-end technology infrastructure, including all servers, software and peripherals. This allows you to benefit from numerous "built-in" technical advantages, including 99.97% system availability/reliability, multi-tiered security and 24/7 year-round technical support from Epic technology experts.
Children's Hospital Colorado also will provide onsite implementation support and training for your staff as well as manage all system maintenance, back-ups and upgrade requirements. As a result, you're able to stay focused on your patients and your practice.
What makes PedsConnect the preferred choice among Colorado's pediatric practices?
Recent government initiatives and incentives are fueling demand among pediatricians and other healthcare providers for electronic health records (EHR) solutions, resulting in an influx of new technology programs and resources. However, it is important to realize that many of these new options are limited in both scope and capabilities.
PedsConnect offers the advantages of a true pediatric patient-centric EHR and practice management system that integrates with Children's Hospital Colorado.
Plus, PedsConnect provides the proven security, availability and scalability that are essential to both you and your patients in a system of this nature. And while other systems may offer similar functions to PedsConnect, they are typically collections of individual modules, developed by separate companies, making them cumbersome to use.
PedsConnect, however, was built from the ground up as a fully integrated system, meaning all applications work together seamlessly. PedsConnect also offers unmatched scalability because it utilizes technology with a proven ability to accommodate the high-volume data requirements of outpatient clinics and ambulatory care centers, which can perform as many as 400,000 patient visits annually.
Get started with PedsConnect!
For more information about PedsConnect and how it can benefit your practice, call 720-777-1273.