At Children's Hospital Colorado we've made improving service and providing prompt communication with our patients' providers our top priorities. The staff and physicians at Children's are continually working to improve all aspects of communication with referring providers. On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for your continued partnership.
Read our latest news for health professionals.
Referral, admission and transfer information
We've made it easy for community providers to make a routine or urgent referral to a Children's Colorado specialist, admit a patient directly to Children's, and request transport of a patient. Learn more about referring, admitting or transferring patients.
Looking for referral guidelines? We've created these clinical referral guidelines to help you determine when to refer your patients to a specialist.
Looking for clinical pathways? Clinical pathways assist clinicians in standardizing the evaluation, diagnosis and care of patients with specific conditions, with the goal of achieving optimal outcomes. They translate national guidelines and the best available evidence for clinical application into local context.
Services for referring physicians
- One Call - Children's Colorado One Call service is for community physicians. We provide this service to make life easier when consulting with a Children's Colorado specialist, accessing hospital resources or information, and admitting or transferring a patient directly. This is the one and only call community healthcare providers need to make; we make it simple so the focus can be on other important matters at hand. One Call 720-777-3999 or toll free 800-525-4871. One Call for Colorado Springs 719-305-3999.
- Multiple Appointment Resource Team (MART) - MART provides patients and families with assistance in coordinating two or more routine outpatient clinic appointments: 720-777-3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Procedural Visit Only (PVO) Outpatient Order Form - A PVO is an opportunity to use a Children’s Hospital Colorado Emergency Department or Urgent Care for certain tests and procedures without seeing a provider. These are considered outpatient tests and are billed as such.
- Hospitalist Services - Our Hospitalist Services help maintain continuity of care between hospital and outpatient settings. In addition to providing medical care, our pediatric hospitalists communicate and coordinate with each patient's family, primary care provider and other specialists involved in patient care.
- Private Practice Job Opportunities - As a service to community pediatric offices, we provide a Private Practice Job Opportunity List as a courtesy to private pediatric offices in the Rocky Mountain region.
- Physician Relations - Our Physician Relations department helps community healthcare providers interface with Children's Colorado. In addition to resolving any service issues, the Physician Relations team strives to serve as clinical care resources by providing Lunch and Learns, Continuing Medical Education, along with news and information. Meet the team.
Keeping your information current
Having up-to-date contact information for our referring community providers is essential to ensuring the best communication possible. If you are a provider and your clinic has relocated, or if you have switched practices, please call Debra Yearn at 720-777-6676 or email PhysicianRelations@ChildrensColorado.org. Thanks for keeping us informed!