The Family Resource Centers provide a home away from home for parents and guardians while a child is in the hospital. Located on the second floor of our hospital on Anschutz Medical Campus, between the Outpatient Pavilion and Conference Center, and the third floor of the Gary Pavilion serving our Pediatric Mental Health Institute, these private spaces serve as a respite area where families can relax and recharge.
At the Family Resource Centers, families can disconnect from the stress of their child’s medical experience in a space designed just for them. The Centers include a reception area, business center, kitchen and dining area with comfortable seating, laundry facilities, shower room and a relaxation room with a heated massage chair. You can also reserve private respite rooms with the comfortable amenities of home.
Complimentary respite rooms to catch up on rest
Taking care of a sick child is hard on the whole family, and everyone does better with rest. The Family Resource Centers provide private respite rooms for parents and guardians located in the hospital.
Respite rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. These rooms offer a comfortable bedroom-like space that include:
- A bed
- A flat-screen TV
- Luggage storage and a locker for personal items
Guest and family services
The Family Resource Centers also serve as a hub for our guest and family support services and the Welcome Program.
Our team in the Family Resource Centers is committed to providing a welcoming experience for all guests. Our complimentary guest services include:
- Hospital tours and help finding your way around the hospital
- Assistance arranging short- and long-term accommodations at facilities like the Ronald McDonald House, Brent’s Place and nearby hotels
- Communication for all patient/family events within the hospital
- A concierge service for patients and families
- Complimentary and discounted attraction tickets
- Special family-focused events such as birthday parties, graduations and more
- Daily breakfast and weekly afternoon happy hour events
Family support services
At the Family Resource Centers, we’re also here to support your family with:
- Coordinating on-site short-term accommodations, including the family respite rooms in the Family Resource Center, plus 17 others throughout the hospital
- Helping with basic needs in partnership with clinical social work
- Assistance with food, clothing and toiletries
- Transportation assistance for bus/light rail passes, airport shuttles and more
- Assistance activating MyChart accounts and accessing patient education class schedules
- Referrals to other hospital support services
- Access to a reference list of community-based services and support
Additional family support services within our hospital include:
- A Family Health Library designed for patients and families
- A Safety Store where you can shop for a variety of products to help keep kids safe and ask our safety experts questions about child safety
- A Family Learning Center that offers family education classes on a variety of child health topics, as well as support groups
- A Creative Play Center that is a free and safe area for brothers and sisters while a sibling is in the hospital
The Welcome Program
The Welcome Program provides non-clinical assistance to patients and families who live more than 60 miles away or who have not previously been to the Anschutz Medical Campus. The Welcome Program helps families navigate our hospital and campus.
Family Resource Centers hours and contact information
The Family Resource Center team is available seven days a week. Come see us Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information, please call 720-777-5329 or email FamilyResourceCenter@childrenscolorado.org.
If you would like to learn more about making a donation to the Family Resource Center, please call 720-777-1700 or email us at FamilyGiving@childrenscoloradofoundation.org.