The Family Resource Center provides a home away from home for parents and guardians while a child is in the hospital. Located on the second floor of our hospital on Anschutz Medical Campus, between the Outpatient Pavilion and Conference Center, this private space serves as a respite area where families can relax and recharge.
At the Family Resource Center, families can disconnect from the stress of their child’s medical experience in a space designed just for them. The Center includes a reception area, business center, kitchen and dining area, laundry facilities and a relaxation room with a TV. You can also reserve private respite rooms with the comfortable amenities of home.
Complimentary respite rooms to catch up on rest
Taking care of a sick child is hard on the whole family, and everyone does better with rest. The Family Resource Center provides private respite rooms for parents and guardians located in the hospital.
Respite rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis for overnight accommodation and include:
- A bed
- A flat-screen TV
- Luggage storage and a locker for personal items
- A comfortable bedroom-like feel with artwork, linens and toiletries
Guest and family services
The Family Resource Center also serves as a hub for our Welcome Program, as well as our guest and family support services.
The Welcome Program
The Welcome Program provides non-clinical assistance to patients and families who live more than 60 miles away and have not previously been to the Anschutz Medical Campus. With the help of volunteers, the Welcome Program helps families navigate our hospital and campus.
We can meet patients and families at the entrance, chaperone you to various appointments and explain all of the patient and family amenities available at our hospital, including the Family Resource Center.
Our team in the Family Resource Center is committed to providing a welcoming experience for all guests. Our complimentary guest services include:
- Hospital tours and help finding your way around the hospital
- Assistance arranging short- and long-term accommodations at facilities like the Ronald McDonald House, Brent’s Place and nearby hotels
- Communication for all patient/family events within the hospital
- A concierge service for patients and families
- Complimentary and discounted attraction tickets
- Special family-focused events such as birthday parties, graduations and more
- A complimentary notary service
- Daily continental breakfast
Family support services
At the Family Resource Center, we’re also here to support your family with:
- Coordinating on-site short-term accommodations, including the family respite rooms in the Family Resource Center, plus nine others throughout the hospital
- Helping with basic needs in partnership with clinical social work
- Assistance with food, clothing and toiletries
- Transportation assistance for bus/light rail passes, airport shuttles and more
- Assistance activating MyChart accounts and accessing patient education class schedules
- Referrals to other hospital support services
- Access to a reference list of community-based services and support
Additional family support services within our hospital include:
- A Family Health Library designed for patients and families
- A Safety Store where you can shop for a variety of products to help keep kids safe and ask our safety experts questions about child safety
- A Family Learning Center that offers family education classes on a variety of child health topics, as well as support groups
- A Creative Play Center that is a free and safe area for brothers and sisters while a sibling is in the hospital
Family Resource Center hours and contact information
The Family Resource Center is open seven days a week. Come see us Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, please call 720-777-5329 or email FamilyResourceCenter@childrenscolorado.org.
If you would like to learn more about making a donation to the Family Resource Center, please call 720-777-1700 or email us at FamilyGiving@childrenscoloradofoundation.org.