- Doctors & Departments
- Conditions & Advice
- Your Visit
- Research & Innovation
Effort Certification is our means of providing assurance to sponsors that staff have met their commitments, paid or unpaid, to extramural projects and is required for all Children's Hospital Colorado employees working on sponsored projects.
What to keep in mind when filling out your Effort Certification Form:
These activities include:
1. Log-In to HR Express
2. Click “Employee Self Service” tab
3. Click “Effort Certification Form” link in the “Manage my Payroll” section
4. Minimize the “Employee Self Service” side menu (Optional)
5. Employee ID will default and the form will default with the template used (cost centers) in the prior payroll.
6. In the cost center section click on the magnifying glass icon. This will bring up a search screen.
To add a new cost center, If necessary, click the “plus” (+) icon to add a new row).
7. Change the criteria in the Description field from “begins with” to “contains”
8. Enter Principal Investigator’s last name
9. Click “Look Up”
10. Select grant from search results.
11. Enter percentages leaving Cost Centers not worked this pay period at 0%
12. If needed, click + or - to add/subtract additional lines for additional grants/departments
13. If you would like to save or print a copy of your form, follow the instructions in the guide in the Resources Section on this web page.
If you need training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance with the form or how to fill it out, please feel free to contact: