Have a great idea? Here’s how to get started.
Faculty and staff at Children’s Hospital Colorado can access a suite of resources to become educated about innovation and entrepreneurship, and to refine and develop their innovative ideas.
At the Children’s Colorado Center for Innovation, we’ll provide the resources to support innovators from ideation through launch. Learn more about the process (.pdf).
Innovation and entrepreneurship education
Are you an innovator or an entrepreneur? Children’s Colorado will support all team members in the initial stages of idea planning and development through a number of educational opportunities:
- Innovation and entrepreneurship workshops -- two-hour sessions focused on topics around what it means to be an entrepreneur and how to commercialize a technology. From business model generation to regulatory and legal requirements, we’ve got you covered.
- I-Corps training
- Startup boot camp -- periodic intensive courses focused on accelerating healthcare startups to the next level of development
- Innovation speaker series -- guest speakers will come to the Center to share their experiences in developing healthcare technologies.
Concept vetting process
Children’s Colorado team members (including faculty, staff and administrators) who have an idea will go through the following process:
- Submit an idea through our online form.
- Meet with an innovation manager or Entrepreneur-in-Residence to discuss your idea and perform due diligence.
- Innovation Steering committee will review the idea and determine strategic fit within Children’s Colorado.
- If the idea is accepted, the team member(s) will receive incubation support through the Center.
Competitive vetting includes Steering Committee reviews and staff/mentor recommendations:
- Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs) and mentors to refine ideas
- Proof-of-concept or prototype development grant funding to support the best concepts
- Technology development, regulatory, business, investor and legal support
- “Best of” idea pitch competitions
- Streamlined clinical testing within the Children’s Colorado clinical infrastructure
- Partnering with companies nationwide that are developing complimentary technologies
Admission to accelerator
As part of the acceleration process (efficiently developing a product or service for launch), Children’s Colorado will work with a national profile healthcare accelerator. This will be a partner that has strong healthcare innovation experience and a national network of mentors and investors to help give the idea immediate credibility and position it for success.
Calendar of events
See a list of our upcoming workshops and speakers.
Learn more about the Center for Innovation.