Pico de Gallo
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 pineapple or Mango
- 2 limes (juiced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the onion, tomato and jalapeno into small pieces
- Clean and chop the cilantro
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl, add the lime juice and season to taste.
- 2-3 pounds of Tilapia
- 1 package of Tortillas
- 1 romaine heart or 1 purple cabbage
- 3 avocados (optional)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Marinate the tilapia with the lemon pepper seasoning
- Wash and cut the romaine/cabbage
- Cut the avocado
- Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it’s hot enough, spray pan with oil.
- Place the fish fillets in the pan and cook them approximately 4 minutes on one side, flip and cook another 2 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Heat the tortillas in a different pan.
- Place the fish fillets inside the tortilla, add lettuce/cabbage and avocados on top.
- Top with pico de gallo and enjoy!
Credit: Recipe created by Zaira Acevedo