Every year at Children's Hospital Colorado, 8,000 units of blood products are transfused into sick and injured infants, children and teens. Without this blood, many of the lifesaving procedures performed at Children's Hospital Colorado would not be possible. The blood you donate gives these children a better chance for a healthy life.
Blood donation does not cost money and requires little time. It does, however, make a big difference. Children's Hospital Colorado has devoted volunteers who donate blood on a regular basis. Unfortunately, we can still run short during times of crisis or with children that have a very specific need. Help us maintain a steady supply of the wide range of blood products that kids need.
Donor Center Hours
- We are located at the main Hospital on I-225 & Colfax at 13123 E. 16th Ave, B605, Aurora CO 80045
- Monday through Friday
- 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM (whole blood)
- 6:30 AM to 12:15 PM (platelets)
- CLOSED Saturdays and Sundays
- To schedule an appointment, please call 720-777-5398
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of blood donations
Other services we provide
Am I eligible to donate blood?
You may be eligible to donate blood if you:
- Are in good health
- Have not donated blood in the last 56 days
- Are symptom free of a cold or flu
- Are at least 18 years of age, or 17 with written parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Have not delivered a baby in the last six weeks
- Have no history of, or risk factors for, HIV/AIDS
- Have not had any tattoos or body piercings within the last year
- Have not traveled to a malaria risk area within the last year
- Answer a series of medical history/lifestyle questions which determine eligibility