Every year at Children's Hospital Colorado, 8,000 units of blood products are transfused into sick and injured infants, children and teens. Without this blood, many of the lifesaving procedures performed at Children's Hospital Colorado would not be possible. The blood you donate gives these children a better chance for a healthy life.
Blood donation does not cost money and requires little time. It does, however, make a big difference. Children's Hospital Colorado has devoted volunteers who donate blood on a regular basis. Unfortunately, we can still run short during times of crisis or with children that have a very specific need. Help us maintain a steady supply of the wide range of blood products that kids need.
Click on the Mobile Blood Drive link to the left to see where we will be in the upcoming weeks! Or call 720-777-5398 for questions or to sign up at the hospital.
Am I eligible to donate blood?
You may be eligible to donate blood if you:
- Have not had any tattoos or body piercings within the past 12 months
- Have not spent 3 months or more in the UK from 1980 to the present
- Have not traveled outside of the U.S. within in the past 12 months
- If you have travelled to Mexico, the Caribbean, and or Central/South America in the last 28 days we are asking that you do not donate until it has been more than 28 days after your return due to Zika Virus
- Are not currently under doctor's care for a surgery or illness
- Are not currently taking antibiotics for an active infection
- Do not have a history of, or risk factors for, HIV/AIDS
- Have not delivered a baby in the last six weeks
- Have not donated blood in the last 56 days
- Weigh more than 110 points
- Are 17 years of age (with parental consent) or older
- Are not feeling unwell
- Answer a series of medical history/lifestyle questions which determine eligibility
- Please remember to bring your government issued ID (driver's license or passport) to each donation.
- For any questions, please call 720-777-5398 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Blood Drive Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 2:30pm (includes staff lunches during the drive)
- Friday: 8:30am - 12:15pm (staff lunches after drive)
Donor Center Hours
- We are located at the main Hospital on I-225 & Colfax at 13123 E. 16th Ave, B605, Aurora CO 80045. Our Blood Donor Center is located on the first floor of the Administrative Pavilion.
- Monday - Thursday: 6:30am - 6:15pm
- Friday: 6:30am - 1:30pm
- Saturday - Sunday: CLOSED
- To schedule an appointment, please call 720-777-5398
- Email questions to email@example.com
Types of blood donations
Other services we provide