We serve children and adolescents with a wide variety of behavioral and mental health needs. We strive to be a strong and consistent voice for the improvement of children’s mental health services in Colorado, and we are not alone. We have compiled this list of helpful resources within our walls and beyond.
Pediatric Mental Health Services (PMHI) at Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Outpatient Counseling: Provides individual and family counseling in an outpatient office setting
- Partial Hospitalization Program: Provides intensive counseling and medication evaluation
- Neuropsychiatric Special Care Unit: Provides inpatient and intensive outpatient day treatment for children 3-17 years old who have an autism spectrum disorder and/or developmental disorder
- Juvenile Fire Setter Prevention Program: Evaluation and ongoing mental health care for children and adolescents with fire-setting behaviors
- Free mental health toolkit: Designed for schools and communities, uses art and self-expression to advocate for youth mental health
Additional resources throughout the state
If our hospital is not the appropriate place to care for your child, we’ve compiled a list of resources and organizations throughout Colorado that might be able to help. As a community, we’re all working together to provide the best mental health care for children and teens.
Substance abuse counseling
Services provided and insurance accepted may vary; please contact the program directly for details.
- Denver Health: STEP Program: 303-602-1893
- Arapahoe House: 303-657-3700
- Sandstone Care: 1-888-850-1890
- Synergy: 303-282-2626
Mental health crisis services
Crisis Stabilization Unit Aurora
1290 S. Potomac Aurora, CO
Provides urgent counseling addressing mental health issues. Walk in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Crisis Stabilization Unit Lakewood
421 Zang Street Lakewood, CO
Provides urgent counseling addressing mental health issues; walk in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Family Resource Pavilion
7900 Easter Lane, Centennial
Provides child and family counseling to address mental health and legal concerns. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Colorado Crisis Services
Crisis consultation and support line available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Kaiser Mental Health Crisis
Other counseling resources
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
University of Denver (DU) School of Professional Psychiatry
Parent Support Network, CAM!
Creekside Collaborative Therapy
Denver Family Therapy
Jewish Family Services
Maria Droste Services
National Jewish Medical and Research Center
Denver Health Medical Center
Asian Pacific Development Center
Community Mental Health Centers, Medicaid Provider
Patients with Medicaid can contact the community mental health center for their county of residence. Services can include individual, family, group, and family counseling. Other services include medication evaluation and more intensive services.
All Health Network (servicing Arapahoe and Douglas Counties)
Aurora Mental Health (servicing Aurora)
Jefferson County Mental Health (servicing Jefferson County)
Community Reach Center (servicing Adams County)
Mental Health Corporation of Denver (servicing Denver County)
Mental Health Partners (servicing Boulder County)
North Range Behavioral Health (servicing Weld County)
Mind Springs Colorado West Mental Health (servicing Colorado Springs)
Join us in breaking the stigma of mental health.