Volunteers come to Children’s Hospital Colorado for many reasons. Some are parents of current or former patients. Others were patients themselves. Some are generous community members. And our furry friends in the Prescription Pet Program just like having their bellies scratched and delivering smiles.
But all our volunteers have something in common: helping our kids and families have the best experience possible.
Volunteers at Children’s Colorado make the hospital experience more normal — and even special — for kids. They’re always ready with smiling faces, kind words and thoughtful actions to help families feel at home.
Our volunteers make a difference throughout key points in each child’s stay, from check-in through treatment, recovery and heading home. They help our hospital run more smoothly, so we can make an even greater impact.
Volunteer opportunities at Children’s Colorado
Children’s Colorado offers many opportunities for volunteering along Colorado’s front range. Volunteers work at our Anschutz Medical Campus, Health Pavilion, North Campus, South Campus, Highlands Ranch Therapy Care Center, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs and Outpatient Care at Briargate.
Thousands of volunteers fill important roles throughout these locations, from staffing our gift shop to providing administrative support. Some of our volunteer programs include:
- Welcome Program: Greet newly admitted patient families, introduce them to the hospital's amenities and provide a warm, friendly welcome.
- Volunteer Chapters: Join a team with common interests and goals to raise funds, provide resources and take our message to the community.
- Teen Volunteer Opportunities: Explore a potential healthcare career and earn volunteering credits. We provide summer and school year opportunities for teens ages 13 to 18.
- Prescription Pets: Bring your dog on bedside rounds to give kids a chance to cuddle a friendly pup during their healing process.
- La Cache Consignment Shop: Work in our award-winning consignment shop, staffed completely by volunteers.
- Children’s Colorado Gift Shop: Help our customers find the right gift, while funding projects like hospital renovations and new equipment.
- Fundraising events: Volunteer at our fun, memorable events to bring our community together and raise money to create a healthier future for kids.
Find a role that fits you
It takes all kinds of people to make the hospital experience special for kids. You can make a real difference, whether greeting families, staffing a fundraising event or working behind the scenes.
We have numerous volunteer opportunities not listed above. Our team will work with you to find the best match based on our current needs and your skills, interests and schedule. Our Association of Volunteers coordinates your background and health screenings, placement, orientation and training.
Apply today to volunteer at Children’s Colorado.
Learn about all the important roles our volunteers fill