- Foreskin and penis care questions in boys not circumcised
- Includes questions about foreskin retraction
- Smegma questions are covered
Types of Foreskin Retraction Problems
- The foreskin usually causes no problems.
- Paraphimosis. Forceful retraction can cause the foreskin to get stuck behind the glans. The glans is the head of the penis. This can cause severe pain and swelling and is a medical emergency.
- Cut. If retraction is forceful, it can cause a small cut. This cut may cause a small amount of bleeding and pain.
- Infection. Sometimes, the cut causes the space under the foreskin to become infected. The main symptom is a red and tender foreskin. Pus may also come out to the foreskin opening.