In addition to our dedication to providing the best care for kids, Children's Hospital Colorado is committed to providing educational opportunities to students who are graduating with a master’s degree in health administration. Our Administrative Fellowship program is designed to:
- Assist fellows in applying what they have learned in the classroom to a healthcare organization
- Provide fellows with an introduction to the daily activities of a healthcare organization from the perspective of top management
- Enhance the fellow's understanding of the healthcare industry, as well as the organization's strategy and distinct competencies
- Allow the fellows to analyze the decision-making process at different levels of the organization
About the Administrative Fellowship
Children’s Colorado is excited to announce the return of the Administrative Fellowship for the 2024-25 year. The application cycle will open on August 1, 2023 and close on September 4, 2023. One fellow will be chosen.
The Administrative Fellowship is a year-long program in which the fellow gains valuable exposure to system and departmental operations through projects, organizational rotations, participation in meetings and other professional experiences. The projects and rotations will be customized toward the fellow's interests and the needs of the senior-level management team.
The Administrative Fellowship program follows the standards set by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). The fellow reports directly to the vice president of Ambulatory Services and chief strategy officer and will have mentoring opportunities with other senior-level executives.
- Qualified applicants have a master’s degree (MBA, MHA, MHSA) or equivalent course work completed from a U.S. university. Preferred applicants hold a master’s degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). However, applications from non-CAHME programs will be accepted for review. The 12-month program is a post-graduate training program, beginning immediately upon completion of a healthcare-related graduate degree.
- Qualified applicants also have experience as an intern or employee in the healthcare industry
How to apply
All applications for the Administrative Fellowship must be submitted through the Children’s Colorado careers website. Please visit our career page to submit your application (Search for Administrative Fellowship or our Job ID 82407). The application will be available on August 1, 2023.
Applications will need to be submitted by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Please see below for application requirements.
In one document (in the following order), please include:
- Cover letter
- One-page personal statement that addresses the following:
- Explain how an administrative fellowship will help you attain your career goals and how a Children’s Colorado fellowship complements these goals.
- Describe your top three values and why are they important to you.
- Official graduate school transcript (scanned copies are accepted)
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript (scanned copies are accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
Please upload the document as a resume attachment on the application. If you have questions, please contact our talent acquisition team at email@example.com or 720-777-4747.
- July 27, 2023: Informational webinar (#1) 2-3 p.m. MST
- Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
- August 1, 2023: Applications open on the Children’s Colorado careers site
- August 7, 2023: Informational webinar (#2) 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. MST
- Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
- September 4, 2023: Applications close
First-round interview: Candidates selected for first-round interviews will be notified in early September and will be interviewed between September 11-22.
Final interview: Candidates invited to final interviews will participate in a day-long series of individual and panel meetings with various Children’s Colorado administrators and executives, occurring on October 9-10. We will continue to evaluate the format of final interviews, placing patient safety as our most important concern.
If electronic submission is an issue for the candidate, hard copy applications will be accepted at:
Children's Hospital Colorado
13123 E. 16th Avenue, Box B100
Aurora, CO 80045
Attn: Aubrey Zahuranec
Register for a Webinar Here:
For more information about Children's Colorado Administrative Fellowship, please contact Aubrey Zahuranec at AdminFellow@childrenscolorado.org
Aubrey was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. She is a Saint Louis University (SLU) graduate, earning her Bachelor of Science in Health Management in 2022 and her Master’s in Health Administration in 2023 through SLU’s accelerated program. Throughout college career, she found an interest in topics such as health equity, population health, government affairs, and more. She pursued these interests in many ways; one example is being the co-founder of Med “U” Cation, a mentorship program with the Boys and Girls Club of STL to expose and mentor minority youths to careers in healthcare. Aubrey completed her 2022 summer internship at the Cleveland Clinic in their Community Care department, however has also gained work experience from organizations like Kindred Healthcare, GreaterSTL, and more. Aubrey is excited to be at CHCO to further expand her knowledge of the complex system of healthcare, learning from amazing leaders with a passion of putting the health of kids first. Outside of work, Aubrey loves trying new hikes, playing tennis or pickleball, looking for the best Thai food in town, and having virtual family game nights.