About the Children’s Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs Diabetes Center
Established in 2019, our Colorado Springs Diabetes Center offers local comprehensive care for children with type 1 diabetes in Southern Colorado. A multidisciplinary team of specialists trained in pediatric diabetes management guides families in all aspects of diabetes care, from diagnosis through the transition to adult care.
Our multidisciplinary care team includes:
- Pediatric endocrinologists
- Pediatric nurse practitioner
- Registered dietitian (RD) certified diabetes educators
- Registered nurse (RN) certified diabetes educators
- Social workers and family navigators
- Medical assistants
In addition to in-person outpatient care, we offer telehealth appointments and inpatient consultations at Children’s Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs.
Why choose us for type 1 diabetes treatment
- Our clinic is recognized by the American Diabetes Association for diabetes self-management education and support. We believe in empowering our patients with the knowledge and confidence to manage diabetes.
- All of our clinic providers have advanced medical training in diabetes management:
- Our doctors are board-certified pediatric endocrinologists.
- Our RN diabetes educators and RD diabetes educators each have more than 1000 hours of training and have passed a national certification exam.
- Every member of our team is an expert in caring for patients and families with type 1 diabetes.
- Patients and their families have the option to participate in research through our partners at the Barbara Davis Center. This important research improves our understanding of type 1 diabetes and its treatment, which helps us provide high-quality care to our patients.
- Our collaborative team works together to create a personalized care plan for your child.
- Our team partners closely with your primary care physician to keep them informed about your child’s care. We are also available to school nurses who have questions about your child’s diabetes care.
Who we treat at the Colorado Springs Diabetes Center
We treat children from infancy through young adulthood with type 1 diabetes, cystic fibrosis-related diabetes and steroid-induced diabetes.
Contact the Colorado Springs Diabetes Center
For appointments at our diabetes center at Briargate in Colorado Springs, call 719-305-9511.