Department of Pediatric Endocrinology
At Children's Hospital Colorado's Department of Endocrinology, we provide state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment and clinical management for children with conditions of the major endocrine glands, such as the pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands, gonads and endocrine pancreas. Our experienced, multidisciplinary staff is specially trained to work with children and adolescents with a variety of endocrine disorders and complex medical problems.
Why choose us for the treatment of endocrine, metabolism and growth disorders?
In the nation ranked by U.S. News & World Report
Active clinical trials
Annual outpatient visits throughout Colorado and Wyoming
*All numbers above represent combined data for both Children's Colorado and the Barbara Davis Center
Children's Colorado is dedicated to caring for children and adolescents with acute and chronic endocrine disorders. For children who suffer from growth problems or other conditions of the endocrine system, our dedicated team of doctors, nurses and other specialists offer help and hope to these patients and their families.
Leadership and expertise
Throughout the entire diagnosis and treatment process, our endocrinology physicians and staff members are dedicated to providing the most comprehensive care available. As part of this goal, we strive to continually educate ourselves through research endeavors, and educate parents and patients about how we treat conditions and perform procedures. These endeavors help to make the latest advances in pediatric research available to our patients. Additionally, your child's therapy may include the opportunity to participate in research studies.
Our department and individual staff members continue to receive national and regional recognition in the field of endocrinology:
- In 2023, U.S. News & World Report ranked Children's Colorado's endocrine and diabetes department as the fourth-best pediatric program in the nation.
- Our staff members receive millions of dollars of long-term funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and American Diabetes Association to advance research in pancreatic function, insulin resistance, liver disorders and other topics in pubescent and obese adolescents.
Programs and services we offer
- Bone and Mineral Metabolism Program: We specialize in the treatment of mineral metabolism disorders and conditions that affect kids' bone health and density.
- eXtraordinarY Kids Turner Syndrome Clinic: One of the nation's foremost programs for the treatment of children, adolescents and young adults with Turner syndrome.
- Thyroid Cancer Program: We diagnose and evaluate thyroid nodules, including nodules that are cancerous or causing other problematic symptoms.
- Multidisciplinary clinics: We have 11 multidisciplinary clinics, including clinics for polycystic ovary syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, neuro-oncology, osteogenesis imperfecta and type 2 diabetes.
- Colorado Springs Diabetes Center: Our multidisciplinary outpatient clinic offers clinical services for children with type 1 diabetes, cystic fibrosis-related diabetes and steroid-induced diabetes.
We offer state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient medical care to children and adolescents with acute and chronic endocrine disease. Our services include:
- Consulting, diagnosis and treatment of endocrine conditions
- Comprehensive laboratory testing
- Medication management
- Access to a variety of multidisciplinary clinics for Klinefelter syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, ambiguous genitalia, neuro-oncology, metabolic syndrome and thyroid conditions, among others
Type 1 diabetes care at Anschutz Campus
Children's Colorado partners with the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, a University of Colorado School of Medicine clinic, to diagnose and treat type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents. Services offered at the Barbara Davis Center include access to board-certified endocrinologists, 24-hour consultations, counseling, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care. The Barbara Davis Center is located adjacent to Children's Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. For more information about type 1 diabetes care at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes in Aurora or to make an appointment, call 303-724-2323.
Type 1 diabetes care in Colorado Springs
Established in 2019, our Colorado Springs Diabetes Center offers multidisciplinary outpatient care for children with type 1 diabetes at the Briargate Outpatient Clinic. Our multidisciplinary care team includes social work and family navigators, medical assistants, registered dietitian and registered nurse diabetes educators, a nurse practitioner and pediatric endocrinologists. We also offer inpatient consultations at Children’s Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs.
For more information about type 1 diabetes care at the Briargate Outpatient Clinic in Colorado Springs or to make an appointment, call 719-305-9511.
Patients are seen by appointment only, with referral from their primary care provider. We endeavor to work with primary care providers and with the families of our patients to ensure the highest quality of care.