Whatever your child’s reason for coming to the Orthopedics Institute – from knee pain, to a sports injury, to spina bifida – you probably have a lot of questions. How do I make an appointment? Where do I park? What should I do before my visit?
We understand that coming to the hospital can be stressful and even scary at times, which is why we’ll do everything we can to help.
Where to go when you arrive
- The Orthopedics Institute is located on the fourth floor of the Outpatient Pavilion of the main hospital. The Outpatient Pavilion is on the east side of the hospital and is connected to Boettcher Atrium on floors 1-4. You can access this area from either of the front hospital entrances.
- After entering the hospital, head east (or right) past the registration desk to the Outpatient Pavilion elevators. Take the elevator to the fourth floor and check in at the reception desk.
- Specialties on Level 4 include: Orthopedics, Rehab Medicine, Rehab Psychology, Pain, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy.
About our facilities
The Orthopedics Institute at Children's Hospital Colorado offers state-of-the-art facilities for testing, diagnosing and treating all types of musculoskeletal conditions. Learn more about our facilities.
A welcoming place for kids and their families
Family-centered care means that your child and family are an important part of our team. In addition to involving patients and families in treatment, we also offer unique educational and support services including:
- A Welcome Program that introduces families to Children’s Colorado who are coming for surgery. The Welcome Program also provides support for things like travel arrangements and directing you to nearby lodging. If your child is scheduled for orthopedic spine surgery or bone tumor surgery, our Welcome Program will help make your visit easier.
- Spine classes to educate patients and families about spine surgery.
- Child Life Specialists who provide ongoing support for patients while in the hospital.
Our locations and outreach program
The Orthopedics Institute team holds regular clinics at several Children’s Colorado locations, as well as in cities throughout Colorado and Wyoming. Find an up-to-date listing of orthopedic services and locations.
More information to get ready for your visit